PDA

View Full Version : plus size gowns in Los Angeles

bridetobeinLA
01-24-2002, 12:01 AM
Hi Everyone!
Are there any plus size brides out there or maybe you know someone that is one or has been one, that can recommend a bridal salon that carries a good selection of plus size gowns in the Los Angeles area. I'm about a 22-24. I have been to David's in Northridge and had a terrible experience. I actually live around the corner from Priceless Bridals in Reseda, but their selection is not that big. Also, at Priceless, they don't have separate dressing rooms. You have to try on your gown in front of a bunch of other brides....Yikes! I also went to Wedding Dreams on Ventura Blvd in Woodland Hills and the salesperson was so rude to me I will never go back. I seems that a lot of these plus size gowns look very old, outdated styles or just plain ugly! Please help!

Thanks in advance,
Debbie

sugarpike434
02-01-2002, 06:16 PM
Have you tried the Jessica McClintock outlet? I was at the one in Huntington Beach the other day and about the only sizes they had were larger ones. Of course, all of their bridagowns were on sale for $49, too! They have some nice styles...the outlet in Montclair actually has a bigger bridal area - you can get their addresses and see if there's an outlet closer to you on www.jessicamcclintock.com. Good luck!

GodsQQQ
03-27-2002, 05:37 AM
Try Tamara's Bridal on Robertson in LA and also Brides International on LaCienega.They have those sizes cause' my friend is like a 20 or 22 and I like Tamara's better.They had really pretty for her and better price and not such a pushy rude saleslady as one of the ladies at Brides International named Aurora, but there is another one that is very nice there I think named Kim.God Bless you in your search...it's very exciting.

renee jon
08-21-2002, 12:49 AM
Check out Renee Jon Designs e-mail [email protected]
Has many Large size gowns