PDA

View Full Version : Northern CA Bridal Nightmare

artschoolgirl
01-27-2002, 12:33 AM
PLEASE HELP!!

I have been looking for over a month in Northern CA and have encountered awful customer service and lack of decent inventory everywhere I have gone. I have been to the following places and had horrible service: House of Fashions in Sacramento, The Unique Bride in Burlingame, Bridal Mart in Rancho Cordova. So far I have only found *one* dress I really like and it's way over my budget at $3010.00... a Carmela Sutera which is not available through any internet buying services I have found. Any suggestions???? I seem to have couture tastes but don't to pay more than $2000 total for dress, shoes, veil, accessories.

I am desparate... and frustrated... thank you!!!

mfusilero
02-01-2002, 12:33 PM
When is your wedding? I got really good service at the Wedding Gown Superstore off of 880. Though, it is like finding a needle in a haystack and you probably should call and find out if they got a new shipment in.

Also, there's Margene's in Oakland -- they were really helpful. It's a very small boutique, but depending on how much time you have, they can get you the dress you want.

Another place: Jessica McClintock Boutique in Sacramento at the downtown plaza. Really nice and the prices are reasonable.

And in Concord, I met a woman named Pat at Gesinees. Very nice and they work within your budget. I should have ordered my dress there, but I waited too long and ended up getting a dress off the rack, much too late to order a dress.

Hope this helps.

suzielynne
02-05-2002, 02:37 PM
Hi - I also live on the peninsula and am also having a hard time finding a reasonable dress at a place with good service. I have an appt tomorrow at The Unique Bride - are the dresses worth trying?

I was spoiled by visiting 3 shops in Alexandria, Virginia, with my mom over the holidays - all offered beautiful dresses and good service.

Pls let me know if you find a good spot. When is your wedding? Mine is 8/24/02.

THANKS!

stacisan
02-11-2002, 04:13 PM
does anyone want to tell me personally about their experience with the worst stuff you encountered at a bridal salon, ie; ripping out labels, lies, scams? I am going to do an article on it, very soon and need voices. Email me at [email protected]

ckapral
02-12-2002, 05:17 PM
I also live in Northern California and have found my gown. I went to De La Rosa's in Folsom and worked with Bic (yes like the pen). She is really nice and I found a great dress. My sister also bought her dress from them 4 years ago and she had a great experience. The dress I found is 900.00, but I am ordering it from a shop "Wedding Expressions" in Iowa for 580.00. My dress is couture also. Hope this helps.

There is also a place in Vallejo where they can order dresses at wholesale. They don't have a huge selection but can order something for you if you have time. The women that work there are really nice. I am in a wedding in April and we went looking for bridesamids dresses and stumbled upon them. We didn't have an appointment and they stayed open past closing to help us. We got Bari Jay Bridesmaids dresses there for $100.00 less than House of Fashion. There bridal gowns run from about 300.00 to 600.00 from what I could see. The shop is called Bridal Image their number is 707-554-3370.

sstreit
02-13-2002, 01:31 PM
I live in San Francisco and found a shop that I absolutely love!!!!! It is called Cherished and it's located in Walnut Creek. It is a consignment store BUT they also receive sample dresses from all over the Bay Area AND they offer lay-away plans. Joan is so helpful and so nice. I got a Carmela Sutero dress that retailed for over $3000 for $700 - it's a sample and is clean and not much altering needed. The shop also carries Reem Arca, Vera Wang, etc. Definitely worth checking out. Their website has a FEW samples of the dresses they carry - www.cherishedweddinggowns.com