PDA

View Full Version : The Altered Bride, Boston MA-- any experiences?

mariekat
02-20-2002, 10:50 AM
Has anyone tried The Altered Bride in Boston? I'm trying to find a place to have a dress custom-made and I was hoping someone has either used them or tried them. Any views? Thanks!!!!

naz123
03-08-2002, 12:33 PM
Hi,
I have been to Altered Bride and was rather disappointed with the service there! THere was so much hype and write up praising this salon but of the 5 I went to that day, they were ranked last on my list. The consultant that helped me was rather unpleasant and appeared as though I was annoying her or putting her out of her way. My maid of honor was with me and just could not believe how awful it was! Now, I don't know if either of these stores do custom made dresses but the ladies at La Rein on Newbury Street were really helpful. If you want to trek to Andover (well worth it,)check out Christina's-my favorite of the stores we went to that day-great selection, the service was second to none and I bet if anything they could guide you in the right direction as far as custom made dresses.
Hope this helps.
Good Luck

emmie99
05-07-2002, 03:10 PM
aiyee. do not go to la reine!!! if you did - call often and check where your dress is at. there is a place in sudbury called magee flood's which makes ALL her own dresses - they're different and they'll work with you. my friend bought her dress from them, had it made and it was beautiful. no snopbbery or pretension there an d i thought the prices were very reasonable.