PDA

View Full Version : Northern VA Shops

tgal
02-26-2002, 09:13 AM
I have been on a quest for the past month to find a bridal gown and I thought I would share my experiences with NOVA brides to be. I was rather disappointed with the selection at most of the NOVA shops, until I traveled out to Manassas. The Bridal Shop and Jeanettes together had more dresses than any other store in NOVA, plus I found their prices to be significantly cheaper (I have called other stores for my gown as far as Pittsburgh and Jeanettes was still cheaper). So, do yourself a favor and visit these stores first.

Also, if you do travel out there, The Bridal Shop does not take apts., I went on a Friday, had to leave and return because their staff were all assisting other customers, I can only imagine a Saturday. I have decided to purchase my gown at Jeanettes and if you are making an apt. ask for Jackie, she was such a sweatheart and knew the store stock!!! She is wonderful!!! Good luck!

tgal

Mrs_ Porter
09-06-2002, 11:35 AM
I was very pleased with Priscilla of Boston located near Tyson's Corner mall in McLean, VA. I ultimately purchased the perfect dress for me from the Vera Wang salon in D.C., but I found the dresses to be very well made. The craftmanship on the Priscilla of Boston dresses are amazing, and the detail on their dresses is just breathtaking. Also, the salespeople were friendly and knowledgeable.

I did NOT shop at Hannelore's in Alexandria because I do not know of anyone who has had a positive experience shopping there! From everything that I have heard from other brides, the staff is very snobby, while not particularly sophisticated. I saw no reason to subject myself to being treated poorly.

Mrs. Porter