PDA

View Full Version : Let's Work Together to Stop the Bridal Shop Scams

Pami
03-01-2002, 06:36 PM
Here is my idea to stop the bridal shops from ripping out lables. Report the store to your state attourny general If enough people complain to the the attourny general we can stop this illegal pratice Try to get your local news station to do a story on "label Ripping" The more people who know about this the harder it will be for bridal shops to get away with this pratice.

Best Wishes to all :)

stefanie4
03-01-2002, 09:23 PM
I think it's incredibly important to do the reverse of this as well: I've been fortunate to find most bridal shops in my state are honest enough to leave ALL the gown tags intact, and I've made a point of seeking out the store owner -- not the sales clerk or even a manager -- and praising him or her to the high heavens.

I absolutely agree we need to take action against the less honest shops, but it's equally important to show the honest ones that we notice their choices, and that we appreciate them. I'm not quite ready to buy a gown (close though!), but when I do, I plan to purchase it from one of these forthright local salons rather than from a discounter. Their honesty saved me the time and effort I see so many girls here go through in order to track down a mystery gown, comparison shop, etc., and that is worth a little extra $$ in my book!

Just my .02 on the importance of rewarding the good as much as we punish the bad....

- Stefanie