PDA

View Full Version : How to store a dress before the wedding....

straightsmile4U
04-08-2002, 05:42 PM
Yippeee! I found my dream dress on e-bay for super cheap! I've got 1.5 years to go though before the big day. (I can't believe I found it so quick!) I've read that the garment bags are not the way to go because of the acid. Should I dare leaving it in a garment bag for so long? Should I use a big box?

In addition, my dress and I need to take a trip to Hawaii for the wedding. Should I carry it on and ask to hang it or should I buy it a seat (uggh! like $1000!) Should I ship it ahead of time?

Any advice is appreciated!
:)

myoshida
04-10-2002, 03:44 PM
Definitely do not store it in a plastic garment bag!! You can get stains on your dress that way. A seamstress I know says that the best bet is to store it in a bag of 100% cotton, so I am having her sew me a bag from a set of sheets.

marisa724
04-11-2002, 06:27 PM
Re: Flying with your dress - I bought my dress in CA and had to bring it home to NJ on the plane -- I just told one of the stewardesses that it was my wedding dress and she let me hang it in the "First Class" closet near the front. You're going to want to steam out the wrinkles, of course, after that. And you're probably going to want to carry it on in a regular garment bag, just for the flight.