PDA

View Full Version : Macys bridal salons

Community Chest
10-30-2002, 12:19 PM
I know of someone who had horrific problems with BM gowns in there. When the gowns came in, they had huge wrinkles, one was dirty and one had a big footprint right acrosss the back.

The saleswoman more or less told her, "Gee, Mirandamarykaylisa, it's late in the game and I don't know what we can do for you..."

They cancelled the order and went elsewhere.

SuzyQuezy
07-09-2004, 02:58 PM
I know of someone who purchased their gown from Macy's in VA and when she went in for a second fitting, there was a huge stain on the dress!! Of course, she was freaking out, but they promised it would be gone in time for the wedding, although no explanation was given for the stain. She was not very happy, as she was picking her dress up only a week before the wedding! I haven't seen or heard from her since so I don't know if they got it out fully, sorry.

branchernj
07-09-2004, 05:22 PM
I went to Macy's in Cherry Hill Nj and they were HORRIBLE! They tried to rip me off and were very pushy! The price they quoted me wasn't even in my size and they didn't tell me about the extra fees until I was ready to write the check. Stay away... they are bad news in my opinion!

sunnyk97
08-08-2004, 04:57 PM
I just read your review and some others about Macys bridal shops. The problem is I saw a picture of a gown I absolutely love! According to their website, the only shop in the area that carries it is Macy's Bridal. So what do I do? Sacrfice service for a gown and have a horrible experience buying the most important dress I will ever wear? Advice?

pegtho
08-09-2004, 06:47 PM
My first suggestion is to not rely on any "pictures" of a gown that you absolutely love. Bridal dress manufacturers nationwide (including Vera Wang) "always" advertise beautiful couture "SAMPLE" dresses.

You never see cheap, ill fitted dresses that are too small with beads and bows falling to the floor after arriving many months late in magazine adds. Brides in the magazines and in Hollywood always get their dresses on time and don't have tears in their eyes.

Check any Magazine, TV advertisement, Books (Vera Wang on Weddings, etc.) or Internet articles and what you find are manufacturers showing "Perfect Sample Dresses" that they always provide to Hollywood/advertisement for perfect pictures but not always do executives provide great dresses to general consumers.

We know that through many hundreds of "repetitive" complaints from consumers nationwide and through helpful sites like Bridal Gown Guide and others. There are also ex-employees of bridal dress executives who confirm the deceptions as well.

If manufacturers (like Vera Wang) showed cheap inferior "sample" dresses at retail shops then ladies would never purchase a "high" priced "Cheap" dresses for such an important occasion as your wedding.

So retail executives (like Vera Wang) sometimes use deception of showing beautiful pictures and sample dresses in retail shops, books, magazines, etc. but then provide consumers with a cheap "inferior" dresses and telling the consumer they are crazy and you can't return any dress because there is no return policy.

Hogwash retailers, that no return policy is only effective if (and only if) the retailers provide the exact product/warranty as the sample. If retailers promise you the dress will arrive and not provide it, then the No Return Policy becomes "Null and Void".

Late arriving dresses are a true "Nightmare" for many hundreds of consumers trying to get a decent dress at a "Reasonable" price. Why Manufactures, are there so many late dresses. Can rich, rich Vera Wang or her likes in the bridal dress industry explain why so that we scammed and defrauded consumers may better understand.

No more "polyester dresses for $4500.00" from any manufacturer, O.K.!

It is unbelievable those bridal dress executives (nationwide) continue to get away with the criminal activity (30 years?) but they do. Yesterday (08/08/04), I read more complaints about late arriving bridal dresses, that are too small and nightmare retailer from many different web sites and states nationwide.

The bridal dress executives criminal activity does not stop despite the Federal Trade Commission sending out 3,000 warning letters to bridal dress executives telling them to stop the deception of tag removal, which is "ILLEGAL" ladies.

Many problems arise for consumers when manufacturers (like Vera Wang) allow their "approved" retailers to order inferior (copycat) dresses (without the consumers knowledge) that cost less money to make providing higher profits for bridal dress executives.

And don't forget inferior dresses causes higher (unnecessary) pain and suffering for consumers and taxpayers who have to put up with the brutality and "unnecessary stress" caused by many retail executives nationwide each year.

Ladies complaints (2004) are hitting many web sites (Complaints.com, Ripoffreports.com, Thecomplaintstation.com and IhateDavids.com, etc.) about late arriving bridal dresses that are poorly made and "nightmare retailers like "Kaufman's Wedding World in PA and David's Bridal just to name a few.

Be very careful about ordering "any" bridal dress from "any" local retailer until such time as the "GOOD BRIDAL DRESS RETAILERS" step up to the plate and figure out how to stop the criminal activity in their industry.

Are there any GOOD RETAILERS WHO WANT TO HELP! SO FAR THAT ANSWER HAS BEEN AN UNDENIABLE "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Many of these bridal dress criminals look like lovely ladies (retail executives) but anyone who has ever dealt with their illegal brutality will tell you first hand that no lady would ever treat another lady with such disrespect and illegal deception while smiling and dressed in high fashion like Vera Wang.

DO NOT, (I repeat) DO NOT "ORDER" ANY BRIDAL DRESS UNLESS YOU HAVE YEARS TO FIGHT THE INDUSTRY WHO DOES NOTHING TO HELP THE DECEIVED VICTIMS OF THE BRIDAL DRESS INDUSTRY.

Where are the manufacturers like Vera Wang hiding? Maybe Vera Wang can explain why young ladies like SunnyK97 have to be so confused (check web sites, read books, etc.) of what to do about ordering a simple wedding dress?

The answers SunnyK97 needs is from bridal dress executives who fail to provide proper answers causing many (not all) consumers to be defrauded and creating "unnecessary" stress for everyone except for executives who are on "HOLIDAY" spending the profits scammed and defrauded from the general consumers.

My seamstress (20 years experience) said to get a "Ready to Ware" gown (Dept. Stores, etc.) that you can see, feel, view the garment tag and decline before purchasing it, if you don't like it. Only at the bridal retailers nationwide are there "No Return Policies". Just avoid local retailers and I assure you, your day will be the happiest day of your life.

SunnyK97 let us know what you decide. If Macy's has a bad reputation, you may not get the beautiful dress you so badly want and saw as sample (picture).

Ladies nationwide are not privy as to the retailers who are playing the Illegal game of bridal dress fraud and therefore I suggest that all retailers be boycotted until the industry figures out how we can better mark the dresses so that consumers will not be "SOOOOOOO" mislead on "couture" samples and receiving "inferior" copycat dresses.

MANUFACTURERS;

LADIES NO LONGER WANT CHEAP INFERIOR BRIDAL DRESSES AT HIGH PRICES FOR OUR EXPENSIVE PLANNED WEDDINGS, SO STOP MISLEADING US ON COUTURE SAMPLES. O.k.

That would help a little bit!

If manufacturers provided "cheap" inferior samples like many ladies describe (in complaint letters), then ladies would return a cheap dress for high price back to the rack with out purchasing it. Bankrupting many manufacturers like Vera Wang who are a "Fraud" in my experienced opinion.

Then manufacturers like rich Vera Wang (estimated that she makes $80,000,000.00 Per year?) would have to "Lay Off" some of her servants, chefs, maids and chauffeurs because her profits would be reasonable instead of greedy deceptive profits. In my opinion, of course.

Ladies keep the complaints coming and I will keep the pressure on manufacturers who are the "Core" of the problem with bridal dress fraud. Manufacturers do nothing to stop local (approved) retailers to use their products to deceive many consumers each and every year. Nothing new.

Good day confused consumers!

Pegtho

bbd
03-21-2006, 05:18 PM
Has anyone gone to Macys' for their bridal salon. My mom thinks it is a good idea to go to a big store like Macys'. Any ideas?