PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Bridaltown in Penn.?

Maria03
05-23-2002, 01:02 PM
Hi, I am wondering if anyone has been to or bought a dress from Bridaltown in Penn., or if you know anyone else who did.
Was the experience good or bad? What is the best time to go? Any advice?
Thank you!

PS
Their web site is www.bridaltown.net

Maria
Virginia, USA
Wedding: Winter 2002
Maria
Virginia, USA
Wedding: Winter 2002

melissagarland
05-29-2002, 06:48 PM
I went about a month ago. I live just down the street from it, so I took a ride out there one sunday when supposedly everything is half price. I didn't have an appointment so I registered and waited about 5 minutes for my consultant (this short wait was the only good part of my experience). This woman was not at all helpful. I told her kind of what I was looking for and she pulled out every style except what I had mentioned. While they do have a lot of dresses in stock, most seemed dirty and very few were actually stored in a protective bag. If you wear a bridal size 8 or 10, then you are in luck, but if you wear much higher than that don't expect to see a lot of dresses. And for dresses that are essentially "samples" they are NOT sample prices. Also to buy a dress at thier store you are required to join their mysterious "discount club" for $35.00. I would not recommend this store unless you know exactly what you want and you know how much you should be paying for it. I left feeling really bad about myself and the dress shopping process; the consultant basically told me I was fat (I'm about a size 12) and then got me out of the store as quick as she could.