PDA

View Full Version : Boston Tag Ripping

Starrgirl7
06-14-2002, 12:13 PM
I am starting my search for a wedding gown but I don't want to go to a place where they rip out the tags so I won't know what I'm buying. Can anyone tell me what places in the Boston area do that that so I can make sure I don't go there?

Thanks!! Mariannne

spring04
07-08-2003, 07:10 PM
I'm still in the beginning stages of looking, but I've already encountered one such place. Chryssie's Bridal in Canton. I thought it was odd that none of the dresses I tried on had labels, then I found out from another bridal shop owner that even the gown distributors know about --- and hate --- this place. Don't go there! Hope that helps.

eek
07-22-2003, 02:41 PM
Has anyone had experience with Shear Style in Attleboro? I was going to strat off over there...

Im starting to have nightmares where Im at the Filene's sale...
-eek

Fall_Bride
03-18-2004, 04:15 PM
I also had a bad experience with Chryssie's Bridal in Canton, MA. It is a very sketchy place! The "computers were down" when I was about to put my deposit down for my dress so they couldn't tell me who the designer was. The co-owner who has been in business for 18 years, knew everything about each dress and knew enough about the internal designer code to know the sizing chart was off but conveniently could not tell me who the designer was without the computer. Only 1/2 of the staff is polite and none of them answer any questions without going to the back office where the co-owner sits. Lots of whispering goes on. After I bought the dress, I inquired about a few dress prices for friends and they told me they "don't give out prices unless the bride is ready to purchase the dress b/c they're willing to bargain if the bride is going to buy the bridesmaid dresses there as well."

All tags were ripped out and there were no price tags but I did learn that some of the dresses have the prices written in "store code" on the material care tag. And even more frustrating is that while you rarely get a straight answer from anyone, the answer differs from person to person. One salesperson told me it would take 6-8 months to get my dress another said 3-4 months.

DO NOT GET YOURSELF INVOLVED WITH CHRYSSIE'S BRIDAL!!!