PDA

View Full Version : The Best Place to Go in Central NC

rushforth
06-26-2002, 10:58 AM
I just came from the greatest shopping experience of my life. And I found my dress ( can't figure out how to paste it here, but look here www.lotusorient.com/products/6255.jpg

Ladies if you know anyone looking for a dress or tux (wedding, bridesmaid,prom, mother of the bride, mother of the groom, groom, or groomsman ) send them to English's in Clemmons, NC. This has to be one of the best boutiques outside of NYC for sure in Central NC.
The owner Mark, is the best.. he listens to what you want, looks at your shape, pulls 2 or 3 dresses down, puts them on you, clamps it down....like I know they do to models in the magazines....to fit you perfectly. and bam there it is your dress.

And let me tell you I am not an easy sell, I had been to 4 places before this one, and found nothing I liked. Mark was just as happy to make a $200 sale as a $600 one and was very open about trying on bridesmaid dresses as an alternative for me.

He says he has been doing this for 20 years and wow has he got the eye for it....I just had to tell everyone about this place.

English's
2529 Lewisville-Clemmons Rd
Newtowne shopping center
Clemmons, NC 27012
(336) 766-0999

as a side note the other store I liked within the Triad area was Carousel Bridal in High Point, NC

NCRunner
07-03-2002, 04:40 AM
It's funny that you had the best experience, because I had the worst experience at English's Bridal. Mark is nice, but he insisted that he go into in the dressing room with me. I told him that I wanted my mom to help me. He told that if I wanted to try on gowns there that he would have to help me dress. It was very scary!!! Plus, he became very rude when I told him that I was not going to buy that day.

Also, a friend of mine bought her bridesmaids dresses from there and had a terrible experience. He has no inhouse alterations. Plus, she found out after she ordered them that he was WAAAAY too expensive. He charged her $135 per dress and she found them at $78 at another store, which is $60 more per dress.

I am glad that you had a good experience. and best wishes,

Sarah

rushforth
07-03-2002, 10:14 AM
Thanks Sarah for the warning about alterations...I knew they were not in house but i'll be sure to ask for the price before I have him do it.
As for Mark putting dresses on me, he was VERY professional, and makes sure you are well covered. of course I was sick of trying to pull up zippers my self at other places...and did not have the benefit of mom around. and I learned early not to indicate if I was buying or not (at any boutique). Matter of fact I did not bring any $$ with me to any of the places.

Sarah, Did you find a dress yet?? where??

ameliafiddle
10-11-2002, 03:50 PM
Hey, there! I live in Winston-Salem and have also been to English's in search of recital dresses. I don't think it's all that great either. But I would like to recommend to you central N.C. brides an awesome seamstress in this area. She designs and makes bridal gowns, and she does alterations on bridal gowns. She altered my bridal gown for me. I purchased it off-the-rack and half price over on Burke Street, and I wanted to have the neckline and the back changed, and I became very worried about the bridal shop's capabilities. Anyway, I found this independent gown-maker that I am now recommending to you-- her name is Hannah Ashford, and the name of her business is Ione Olivia. Surely she won't mind if I give you her number . . . 336-416-0260. In her hands, my dress went from fru-fru to elegant. And after I look back the comments that the bridal shop made about altering it, I realize that they would have hacked it. Hannah also charged a surprisingly low price, and she really likes to work hard for her brides. (In case you are curious--the grand total for a re-vamped neck and back, hem, new organza sleeves, added netting, and a gorgeous organza veil: $213.)