PDA

View Full Version : bridesmaid dress scams

lawhite
07-29-2002, 01:49 PM
I started searching for my bridal gown over the weekend and was immediately frustrated by a few things. I would like a simple, classic gown that is not pouffy or frou frou. Unfortunately, this style seems either hard to find or incredibly expensive. One gown that I tried on that I loved by Amsale was $3,000, a price I simply cannot justify paying for a gown. Apparently, Amsale is coming out with a bridesmaid version of the dress that I like. I am not opposed to wearing a bridesmaid dress for my wedding but have found the following scams related to doing so:

1) Many bridesmaid dress manufacturers automatically charge $75 more for a bridemaid dress in ivory or white (to penalize brides for wearing these dresses as their bridal gowns)

2) Apparently, some bridesmaid dress manufacturers such as Amsale and Vera Wang will not allow you to buy a single bridesmaid dress in ivory or white. You must buy at least 3!!! Once again, the bride is getting punished for trying to save money by going with a bridesmaid dress.

Does anyone have any similar experiences or advice for me in this area. Would love to hear from you. Thanks!!!

alandenisefields
07-31-2002, 11:47 AM
We hear you! Yes, that is very frustrating.

But not all bridesmaids makers charge that penalty fee or require 3 to an order. Try Alfred Angelo, Belsoie, Levkoff and After Six.

Let us know how it goes,
Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS