PDA

View Full Version : Yeah! Yolandas in Waltham MA

mariekat
08-10-2002, 07:18 PM
Just wanted to say I love Yolanda's in Waltham, MA . If any MA brides need a *great* bridal shop I totally reccomend Yolanda's. They are super nice, wait on you hand and foot and have gorgeous to-die-for dresses. Love it!

Wixted
07-01-2003, 11:42 AM
I am considering visiting Yolanda's to look at dresses. My problem is that I only have a short time that I will be in the MA/RI area to shop for dresses. I am happy to hear that you had a good experience with Yolanda's - what designer did you end up going with? Would you recommend or not any other salons in the area?

ars11
11-30-2003, 08:46 PM
While you're there, check out VOWS in Newton (next town over). I got my dress there (Vera Wang Luxe) for maybe a fifth of its actual value and I couldn't be happier with the folks there.

Korinthe
01-04-2004, 07:44 PM
I went to Yolanda's, which is definitely an "experience"... but I BOUGHT MY GOWN AT VOWS. I saw two of the same gowns at VOWS for half the Yolanda's price (which I only knew because I sneaked a peek when the quick-fingered assistant at Yolanda's wasn't looking). Yo's is one of those joints that does their best to keep the buyer in the dark. VOWS couldn't be beat for openness! They were happy to provide the model numbers for the gowns I was considering; they didn't try to rush us out of the dressing room; you have full access to the gowns in stock and nobody has to go get them out of a locked safe in the back.

If VOWS had bridesmaid dresses, I'd buy those there too. Alas.

jacksmomtobe
02-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Yolanda's tends to be a high pressure place. They convinced my friend who has an athletic build to buy a size 10 dress on sale and have it altered. Of course since wedding dresses are smaller than your normal size this meant adding fabric. My friend ended up buying another dress at Vows after her Mom came to see the Yolanda dress at a fiting and told her she did not look good in the dress. I also found my dress at VOWS. I planned my wedding in 7 months so I didn't have a ton of time to order a dress so I looked at VOWs and Designer Outlet in Wellesley. My friend loved DO but I found one of the owners(I believe they are cousins) to be fake & pushy. She tried to sell me on a two tone beige dress instead of white which I was looking for since I was getting married on Nantucket & pictured the sharp white vs the blue print bridemaid dresses I was having made by saying that the beige was perfect reminded her of sand. They had the same dress I ended up with for a higher price than VOWs. I thought the other cousin was very nice at DO but the pushy one really left a bad taste in my mouth. The woman who helped me at VOWs was an older woman who really knew her stuff. She determined by style and came up with some good suggestions on dresses. She also was more concerned that I be happy with the dress than just selling me any dress.