PDA

View Full Version : Paula Varsalona Showroom

lgflores
11-26-2002, 12:39 PM
Does anyone have any feedback on their experience with Paula Varsalona dresses and/or their purchase? I just recently bought one at a sample sale at the 1375 Broadway location (5th Floor) which is her showroom (and where her dresses are made). I dealt with Paula Varsalona herself and she was very eager to please. I told her what I wanted to spend (I was humble about it) and she ended up picking out a brand new sample for me ( I was lucky) which I paid $995 for. It was an ivory Italian satin strapless gown with silver tone, stone and pearl beading at the top and waist and box pleats on full skirt as well as a built in crinolin. I also got my shoes (kenneth cole bridals-$25) and headpiece ($150-no veil) at the sale, paying $1370 for all this including alterations (only hem, bustle and spaghetti strap addition) which were done by her head seamstress.
I don't know how often these sales take place or how long they last (you can call – 212-221-5600), but it might be worth visiting her showroom before her Madison Avenue salon...might not be as fancy but you might be able to work out a deal even if there isn’t a sale. The Fields's mention that vendors in the Bridal Building (1385 Broadway, its sister building) will quietly sell sample or new dresses at deep discount on Saturdays and I believe this is a good strategy for brides on a budget. Pay attention to msn.com sample sale announcements and register for free at nysale.com for all bridal sample sale info in New York City.