PDA

View Full Version : The Good and Bad of Bridal Stores in Detroit, Michigan

am1210
01-16-2003, 08:43 PM
I am wondering if anyone has any particular good OR bad experiences with any bridal stores in Detroit, Michigan. I am planning on going shopping soon, and I just want to be aware of any positive/negative points so that I don't waste my precious time going from store to store.

Thanks for any help you're able to throw my way!!!
AnnMarie

missgreenjade
05-20-2003, 06:49 PM
So far, I've only been to David's Bridal (I know, I know, they're horrible). I went because I am a petite size and wanted to have some idea of how dresses would look on me (without acres of extra fabric).

So gross! Dresses caked with make-up. Flaky sales people. Dresses with missing/damaged beading.

The list goes on.

Wherever you go, don't go there.

kitikatMI
10-21-2003, 08:48 PM
One place I wouldn't recommend is Julie's Bridal in Birmingham. The selection is good (if your budget allows upwards of $5,000 for your dress, that is), but the salespeople are pushy and very condescending.
My mother and I went in for our appointment, and were told to "go on in" to the bridal showroom. The saleswoman walked in right behind us, did not introduce herself or even greet us, except to say "What do you need? When's the wedding?" What a wonderful start!
We told the saleswoman what our budget was ($1200), and she brought out 4 dresses that were priced at $500, none of which I liked. When I explained that I didn't really like them, she proceeded to pressure my mom into buying the sample I was wearing just because it fit me! This on top of being condescending (apparantly if you don't feel like spending a year's rent on your gown, you aren't good enough for them.)
You'd think a member of the Better Business Bureau would have better service...did I mention they can't tell you the names of designers because they "go by numbers"?

mssita
11-08-2003, 11:56 PM
I just ordered my gown at Once Upon a Dream Bridal in Roseville, MI. and they were absolutly wonderful. I obviously haven't recieved my gown yet, so I can't be positive they're great but I went to many different bridal shops and they were the sweetest and the greatest. The customer service was devine. They did not hide the manufacturer or the style number from you. In fact many of the dresses had the catalog picture attached to the bag. They also don't mind you taking pictures. They were not at all pushy. In fact when they showed me the tiaras I told them I'd be making my own veil and they said what a great idea, and didn't pursue it any further. They also take walk ins. Their price range is around $500 and up. Hope that helps.

lovebugg1
04-25-2004, 10:58 PM
The Bad- I also do NOT recommend Julie's Bridal in Birmingham. One of my bridesmaids and I received very poor service and treatment there, even though we made an appointment. Our saleslady, Sarah, barely helped us. She didn't carry any of our dresses into the dressing room, she barely checked on us and the one time that she did, she barged into the room without even knocking. She was rude and condescending and is only there to make a commission. Not to mention, the whole store is overpriced. Other not so good places: Demetrios in Troy, Maria's Bridal in Rochester Hills.

The Good- The place I would recommend is Marshall Field's Bridal Salon in Oakland Mall. I've been there numerous times and Janet and Ida were very helpful. They listened to what I liked and pulled out a lot of dresses for me. Unfortunately, there is one person there to watch out for and that is Rhonda. She too was rude and condescending and barely helped me. Other than her, the salon is by far the best. They have the widest selection and their prices are decent. They also feature a rack of designer gowns at a discounted price. OTher good places: La Sposa in West Bloomfield (Great Service and good place for custom wear).