PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Ohio alterations etc

BethL
02-18-2003, 06:28 PM
I recently bought the dress of my dreams at Davids. Service etc was fine, but it needs some alterations and minor repair on beads etc. Davids said they will spot clean and steam it, but not repair for no charge! They quoted me about $225 for alterations...maybe more!
I got a deal on dress $99, but after reading postings I'm scared to let them repair it. Does anyone know of a GREAT seamstress that won't cost me a forture! If $225 is the going rate, then fine!
Also, need to find a Rocker Tiara....not exactly round, but tiara part fits the head,then back is curved! Then feel much more comfy and safe! I've seen a couple,but none that look like they will go with an ivory dress and none with pearls! Also most are $150 plus veil! I've checked prob 100 bridal online sites with no luck and I'm afraid to pay that kind on money and buy something w/out seeing it! Many of the tiara's I've found are too small or feel like they are slipping off!!! Don't want to have to even think about it the day of the wedding (Sept 13,2003!!!)
Help!!!!

tiffsmith03
03-19-2003, 09:06 PM
I got a georgeous tiara from tiaratown.com. It looked exactly like the picture- great price- and it shipped in like 3 days.