PDA

View Full Version : Timeless Bridal Shop in NYC

Community Chest
03-09-2003, 10:46 PM
First of all, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ANY PLACE THAT TAKES CHECKS ONLY! That shop can disappear with your money and you'll have no way of getting your cash back. If you use a credit card, that's another story.

I went to the Bridal Building and I wasn't crazy about it.

Most of the vendors who were selling had gowns that had no price tags. I asked how much this one particular gown was. "Oh. I dunno. You'll have to wait for the owner to show up so you can find out..." I left that shop immediately.

Nothing there wowed me.

I get the feeling that the gown they are selling you is a generic and the price is being marked way way up. Forget them and don't go back there.

Too bad you didn't have a pic taken of you with the gown on; you could have taken it to a reputable seamstress and had a copy made at a fraction of the cost.

You might have better luck over at RK Bridal. That's on 39th.

Good luck,
CC

ykats6
02-08-2004, 12:46 PM
Dear Ang!
I am very concerned after reading your message since I just gave a check to timeles bridal for my gown (my wedding is in July). I hope you had a wonderful event, and please let me know if it worked out for you with timeless bridal.
Thank you , Julia

kimjerpixie
02-24-2004, 01:19 PM
Not everyone here has been defrauded and to clog up the court system with frivolous complaints and lawsuits will not fix the fact that you did not get the dress you thought you paid for.

Vera Wang (and most manufacturers) pride themselves on making a quality product. The law requires the dress samples to have labels stating fiber content. Salons also have swatch cards to show fabric. If the fabric of the dress was so important, you should have looked and written it down.

In the end, it is ultimately the consumer's responsibility to educate herself, not the industry. Buyer beware!

abagail
02-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Hi everyone.
I too, am interested in a Timeless gown. The information thus far has been great. I was wondering if anyone has any additional information about this line. I'm looking to purchase the Gianna Gown. Any information on other places to purchase it and maybe how much it's going for would be greatly appreciated. I'm from Canada and don't mind making a road trip, but would like to get all the info I can before I plan a trip.
How did everyone make out who bought their Timeless gown at the shop in NYC? Did it all work out? 9 months seems like a long time...
Thanks a bunch!

alsnyc
07-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Hello. Did you ever get the Gianna gown? If so, how was your experience? I too am looking at that dress from the NYC shop.

Thanks.

>Hi everyone.
>I too, am interested in a Timeless gown. The information thus
>far has been great. I was wondering if anyone has any
>additional information about this line. I'm looking to
>purchase the Gianna Gown. Any information on other places to
>purchase it and maybe how much it's going for would be greatly
>appreciated. I'm from Canada and don't mind making a road
>trip, but would like to get all the info I can before I plan a
>trip.
>How did everyone make out who bought their Timeless gown at
>the shop in NYC? Did it all work out? 9 months seems like a
>long time...
>Thanks a bunch!
>

alsnyc
07-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Hi Julia,

How was your experience and your gown? Please advise as I have an appt next week to see them. Thanks!

sydney16
07-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Have there been any recent experiences with Timeless Bridal. I just put down a deposit and would love to hear the good or bad (but hopefully good...)!

pnbridetb
08-01-2005, 12:42 PM
This information may be a little late for Ang, but those of you questioning the legitimacy of Timeless Bridal. I first called them in May and asked for an immediate appointment because my wedding is at the end of August. The woman on the phone was sort of patronizing and said "Honey you have no time you better bring a check - you'll have to buy a sample." I thought "blah blah - what makes her think I will even like her dresses." Anyway I did not bring a check. Long story short, each dress I tried on there was more beautiful then the next. After trying these dresses on I could not even look at another bridal salon - (although I did for just an hour). The very 3rd dress I tried on was it - the sample fit perfectly. The dress is not being promoted until next year - it is priced at 4,000 but they gave me the sample for $2000 (plus tax). The designer makes 2 matching veils for each dress and the most beautiful combs and tiaras - really classic. Overall, the woman who runs the shop is a bit snootie but I must say she knows her stuff - she sized up my figure and found me the perfect dress. I would never have thought to pick this dress but I love it. She's a bit abrupt but she tells it like it is. I picked up my dress last week and overall it was an extremely positive experience. As far as trying to find any of their dresses elsewhere - I don't think you can. At any given moment you cannot even find the dresses online at the shop.

Suzz
08-14-2005, 05:24 PM
I just did the same. Has any one given you information??
Suzanne

Suzz
08-14-2005, 05:28 PM
Julie,
How was your experience with Tmeless bridal? I just put down a payment and am now concerned.
Suzanne

Hnote7
03-21-2006, 05:17 PM
I found a gown at Timeless Bridal in the Bridal Building in NYC.(1385 Broadway). This is the building thats supposed to be a secret. It one of the main buildings that has many wedding gown designers offices in it. It is closed to the public, except on Saturdays. When I walked in to the open door of Timeless they asked if I had an appointment. I said no, and that I didn't realize you needed one. (None of the other designers in the entire building had an appointment policy...people were just walking in and out of showrooms all over the four floors that were open).
So they said they would try to fit me in. A few minutes later I had a gown on, and I loved it. Next thing you know I had a veil, beaded with crystal comb in my hair and gloves to match. I told the woman I didn't want to spend alot of money, and the outfit I had on totaled to around $2,300.00. (Of course I am going to love it). I had a friend with me, but they would barely let him in to see the dress, because it was woman only. It was so frustrating! Then a woman came in who apparantly had an appointment and I was immediately pushed aside, as the woman who was helping me told me she was trying on a $4,000.00 dress.
I found out that they only take checks, which is very odd, and fishy. They said they have been in business for 15 years, and the dress would be guarenteed to come in a month before my wedding. My wedding is the second week of September, and it's now March 1st. This gown has very little beading, and the sample fit me like a glove, what takes so long? To wrap this up...I went outside to talk it over with my friend, and when I went back in, I was pretty much ignored. I asked to try on another gown, but was told that I didn't have an appointment, and as far as they were concerned, I found the gown of my dreams. UUUGGGGHHHH! The woman took my phone number and said to call to make an appointment for next Saturday, and they will try to fit me in. After all this, I still want this darn dress. I have tried on around 50 gowns, and have hit so many stores. Anyone have any other information about this place?? What should I do? I don't even know the number of the dress, and can't find the dress on the Timeless web site. It's nowhere to be found to even order it at a discount bridal web site or store. Any information of this company would be of great help to me. Thanks. Ang