PDA

View Full Version : Great shop in Chicago

kapow
03-11-2003, 02:45 PM
I got married in May 2001 and found my dress at Wedding Belles. They do not sell retail dresses, only overstock from stores and consignment dresses. The shop is so cute - is in a rehabbed victorian home, and the bedrooms upstairs are the dressing rooms. You have to make an appointment, and your consultant helps you try on as many dresses as you like. They have one room full of dresses and you buy them as-is, no ordering. I bought my dress for $550 and had a seamstress that they recommended do extensive alterations (turned it into a strapless top, added all the necessary boning, etc.) The dress worked out perfectly, and then I was able to consign it at the store after my wedding. It sold for $450 and they split the proceeds with me. They also sell regular priced accessories.

Four of my friends bought their dresses from them last year, and one other girl used the seamstress only. All were happy, but I was the only one to consign my dress (I'd rather have pictures than a dress in twenty years!) I highly recommend them.

Their website is: http://www.weddingbellesltd.com/