PDA

View Full Version : La Reine on Newbury Street in Boston

bride7890
05-07-2003, 06:31 PM
I had a terrible experience with La Reine on Newbury Street. I ordered my dress in November, and when it came in in April, it was WAY too small. The woman who took my measurements had since been fired, and the owner accused me of gaining 30 pounds and getting too fat for my dress. At one point, she even grabbed part of my back and said, "You know, this is meat, not bone." They agreed to order a new dress, but have continually accused me of gaining weight and have told me on numerous occasions that they are doing me a favor by getting a new dress. After WEEKS of calling, they finally told me my dress would be here some time in May...my wedding is in the beginning of June! They refused to tell me when the designer shipped it, and I had to be resourceful and find the number for the designer myself and call her directly.

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and if you had a similar experience, I suggest you do the same! If you're still shopping for a wedding dress, I strongly suggest that you don't shop at La Reine.