PDA

View Full Version : NYC Metro area

QueenMB
05-31-2003, 09:00 AM
In an effort to help other brides, particularly plus size, I am going to give my full run down of experieinces with places in NYC, Westchester, LI and NJ.

RK Bridal
First and best visit. Good selection, Gilda is an excellent sales person with a great eye. She asked me what I wanted and found it. I should have stopped there. Ended up buying my dress there and I am very pleased.

David's
I went to the one in Yonkers. The Manager there has huge hair and is a bitch. They are so salesy, when I came out of the dressing room I hade 15 people giving there opinions about each dress. Good selection but I question the quality of the plus size dresses in particular.

Lynbrook Bridal Center
A complete trashy dump. Tag ripping extraordinaire. OK selection but I would never buy there.

Paradise Bridal in Patchogue
A madhouse. Nice people, but disorganized. Not enough plus size stock, depsite what they told me on the phone.

Patchogue Bridal Center
Cheesy and terrible selections. Told me via email that they had tons of plus size by several designers and they didn't. Tag rippers

TAISEI KIMONA CORP
Phone call only. They no longer carry gowns, although they are listed on several designer sites.

JENESIS BRIDAL
Very nice on the phone but no plus size stock at all.

LA CASA DE LAS NOVIAS
Phone was disconnected.

The Bridal Shop AKA BridalWorks AKA Gowns etc. (Mamaroneck)
Talk about a dump. This terrbile online vendor goes by 3 diferent names and their shop looks like a Salvation Army. There is an online stock check and I look for many dresses in my size range, many of which were list as available. I called to confirm and make an appt. I went in once I arrived (despite a great deal of hestiation. the one person there was helping some girl buy a prom dress, stuck me in a room with some of the worst dresses ever and said she would be right in. 20 minutes later, i left without ever having been helped. TAG RIPPERS!

Gowns by Louise (Bronx)
Louise said she was plus size and her shop caters to full figures. She has a nice selection but not of plus sizes. I asked her and she said "well, we can order any size." I walked out.

New Fashions (Bronx)
Rude and terrible selection. No tages at all.

Hope this helps someone.