PDA

View Full Version : Online veils

ars11
06-15-2003, 05:37 PM
Hi!

I was hoping to order a veil online (the shop I went to asked for $150 for a single-layer cathedral-length edged ivory veil)--any suggestions?

Thanks!
-ars11

mpdwedding
06-19-2003, 12:25 PM
Hi,

I am planning on ordering my veil from veilshop.com. I ordered my headpiece and my flowergirl halos from them and have been very happy with them. They will provide you with a swatch if you would like.

mpdwedding

domgoddess1
06-20-2003, 07:44 AM
Have you looked at Ebay?
Or...having someone, or you make a veil? Walmart carries netting very inexpensively, and fabric stores also, including the 108" wide in ivory. We figured that by making one the cost is approx $6.00 for a double layer 108" veil.(we bought additional netting for a test run-just to be on the safe side-and the fabric was on sale). Patterns were also on sale at the fabric store for 99 cents(more back up). Add ivory flowers from the craft store-Michaels, with coupon, and we figure we spent no more than $10.00 for everything. It would have been less, if I did'nt get the back-up material, and pattern, but I'd rather be safe.
Good luck!

Glinda
10-23-2003, 11:22 AM
I bought a fabulous veil on Ebay for $15. Yes, $15. The vendor is bridalshoponline (all one word). You can search their Ebay auctions or buy directly from their Web site.

The prices are unreal! The quality of my veil is really nice. The company is located in California, but the veils are made to order in Ukraine and shipped direct from there. I won the auction for my veil, and received it in about two weeks.

Communication with the vendor was very good. You can check them out at http://www.bridalshoponline.com.

cath_b
10-23-2003, 05:33 PM
I found a website that sells veils and much more (accessories, tiaras). It is customizable and I think it's a reasonable price. Single-layer, cathedral-length, cut edged, 72 in width, bridal illusion (standard tulle) in white for $71. http://www.tradewindtiaras.com/

ClaudiaI
10-28-2003, 08:26 PM
I ordered my gown through discount bridal service and the consultant that I was working with also carried tiaras and veils. I got a Jessica McClintock tiara and a veil (made from bridal illusion and not tulle) for under $100. I had a very positive experience with dbs.

caeles
11-12-2003, 03:55 PM
Veils are not difficult to make and Bridal Illusion is cheap, so think cheap! I just bought an elbow length 2tr, rhinestone ebellished veil on ebay for $28.00. That includes shipping.

I ordered from jtmule but there are many other sellers and you could easily find a Cathedral length veil to suit your taste.

I can't believe that there are stores selling $100 and $200 veils when those prices are clearly inflated.

Good luck!
-Caeles

2bStephS
06-27-2004, 05:47 PM
I second the ebay motion! I just recv'd a beautiful Cathedral length veil with scattered pearls and ribbon edging for about $35, which I won on ebay. I recv'd it quickly too! Their ebay seller name is abridalveil if you want to check them out!

jgoldwater
09-01-2005, 11:55 AM
Good deals at www.dorianneveils.com