PDA

View Full Version : Bridal shops in Central VA

happyinva
07-05-2003, 11:38 PM
I'm in Lynchburg and will be looking around Roanoke and Richmond... I really want to go to David's, so if anyone has any experience with ones here I'd love to know what you thought! I have bridesmaids in Ohio and Maryland, so I'm trying to make it easier on all of us! But I'm willing to look anywhere!! Any help would be appreciated!!

vtbonita
07-07-2003, 09:38 AM
I shopped in Richmond at several places. Angelique's Boutique had a nice and reasonably priced selection, and Angelique is really nice! I also went Bridal Elegance on Broad Street, which had a ton of choices from a wide variety of designers. Maria helped me, and she was helpful and not a bit pushy. I almost bought my dress from there, but then found one I liked better.

With regard to David's Bridal: My my friend's experience is backed up by the Fields' book. If you can see the dress and purchase it right there, it's fine. )Though, the "original" price on the tags, allegedly showing you what a "bargain" you are getting are total bunk, since David's does not sell independant designer dresses; they only sell made-for-David's dresses (i.e., no one is charging a higher price for them elsewhere because no one else is selling them).) I have heard TERRIBLE things about special order items like bridesmaid dresses. You'd do better to try to find a dress at Ann Taylor or Chadwicks (if you're looking for a reasonably priced dress that ca be purchased anywhere in the country) or having them measured and ordering from DBS, a salon, etc.

I got my 'maids dresses from Jessica McClintock. They were reasonably priced and some of the girls were able to walk out of the store with the dress rather than ordering them.