PDA

View Full Version : House of Brides in the Chicagoland area

beanzerelli
09-12-2003, 03:52 PM
Does anyone have any good or bad stories about the House of Brides shops in the Chicagoland area? I have an appointment with the Schaumburg location.

http://www.houseofbrides.com/home_frames.htm

psychmesu
09-14-2003, 10:15 PM
A number of my friends have had horrible experiences with HOB (rudeness, not helping you even though you have an appointment, etc.). However I had a great experience at the HOB in Naperville with a sales associate named Pat. She was pleasant, attentive, and helpful. I would highly recommend that if you want go to HOB make it the Naperville store and ask specifically for Pat.

beanzerelli
09-14-2003, 10:38 PM
Well, I had my appointment today at HOB in Schaumburg and the customer service was so-so. For example, I told the sales associate that I was looking for a gown with cap sleeves and my mom, my friend, and I were having a hard time finding one. So, you think the sales associate would have helped, right? Nope.

I also didn't care for their pricing practices either. I went there because their Maggie Sottero gowns were supposedly 20% off. I was looking at the "Moulin Rouge" dress, which had been quoted to me by several sources as being around $800 retail. However, House of Brides listed the retail as being $1007 thus making the "sale" price about $800. She also told me that they would normally charge $200 dollars for the extra sizing (I need an 18), but because of the sale, they would only charge $100. Geez, thanks. The sales associate also tried to tell me that they were only place for designer gowns and that the other nearby stores (David's Bridal and Bride$mart) only carried knock-offs. True, David's does, but Bride$mart carries the real deal. Needless to say, I won't be purchasing my dress from them.

I should add that earlier in the year, my friend and I went to the HOB in Naperville. We actually had a very helpful sales associate there; here name was Linda.