PDA

View Full Version : Bridal gowns in Chicago & suburbs?

gifro75
09-16-2003, 12:52 PM
Hi - I'm just starting my gown search in the Chicago area (I live in Chicago, but the wedding's in Naperville). Has anyone had good/bad experiences in the Chicago/suburbs salons? After helping friends look for their dresses, I'm already fed up with David's and House of Brides. Thanks for the help!

beanzerelli
09-17-2003, 03:50 PM
Vera's House of Bridals in Rockford, IL isn't too bad. Their service is pretty good and they have a decent selection. The only reason I didn't go there is that they don't carry Maggie Sottero gowns. There's also a pretty good consignment store on W. Belmont if you're looking to save some money. I think they can do special orders, too. If you're looking for good customer service and don't mind a two-hour drive, there's a great "local" bridal shop in Milledgeville, IL called Satin 'N Lace. They're good for both bridal and bridesmaids gowns.

psychmesu
09-17-2003, 05:19 PM
I highly suggest Wolsfelt's Victorian Bridals in Aurora (1025 S. Lincoln Ave., 630-896-7166). Yes, they rip tags which is a pain but I have had no problem hopping on line and figuring out who the designers are for the dresses I like. The service is outstanding (ask for Pat she's the best) and the dresses they carry are spectacular and affordable.