PDA

View Full Version : I wouldn't use Pearl's Place in Metarie, LA

Anne Brooks
09-17-2003, 08:21 PM
Hi, About a month ago, my sister and I went to Pearl's Place in Metarie. My daughter is getting married in October, 2004 and her daughter is getting married in May of 2003. Her daughter lives out of town, so since my daughter is the same size as her cousin, we asked to let my daughter try on a Maggie Sottero dress that her cousin was interested in. We wanted to tell her cousin how the dress looked on. We were told by a salesperson that they would have to check with the manager, Elaine. She came back and told us that my daughter could not try on the dress if it was not for her. We were flabbergasted! We asked again, and they said absolutely not if the dress was not for her. We tried to explain that my daughter was also looking for a dress, and we were told that she could not try on that particular dress if it was not for her. We walked out of the store,and upon exiting, the manager came OUT THE DOOR following us and carrying the dress, and said, "Oh, by the way, we would have given you 20% off on this dress!!!" My sister and I will never set foot in that store again. They lost 2 potential sales. That's their loss. Don't go to Pearl's Place!!!

holdem
09-24-2003, 02:21 PM
I would not have any problem with a store not letting a person try on another person's gown. I think they were correct in their action here.

Anne Brooks
09-27-2003, 08:15 PM
The point here is that we were in the market for TWO gowns. It would have been good salesmanship to allow what we wanted, especially since her cousin was out of town and knew she was going to want the dress. That's just a matter of courtesy to the public. It goes a long way in making the customer happy.

Anne Brooks
09-27-2003, 08:19 PM
p.s. Sounds like someone has a personal interest in Pearl's Place!

hillrc
12-12-2003, 11:27 AM
I can't speak to how Pearl's Place handles walk-in customers (although it sounds like they are like most bridal shops and you'd be better off not giving them too much information).

I ordered my Maggie Sottero from Pearl's Place (placed my order over the phone and had it shipped). I couldn't be happier - I received it four days ago and it is exactly what I wanted. I saved 48.5% off of the price the gown shops quoted.

I'm sorry your experience was rotten - I would have had the same reaction as you had I had the same experience. I will say, though that my gown buying experience went smoothly and everyone I interacted with from Pearl's Place was courteous and helpful over the phone.

kauaibride
04-08-2004, 02:49 PM
I ordered my gown from Pearl's and got exactly what I wanted too. Now I'm looking for a seamstress in the Northern VA area. Anyone? Anyone?? Thanks.

nick0166
05-17-2004, 08:02 AM
Don't know what the problem was, unless they misunderstood, and thought you wanted to try on the dress ALREADY ordered for the cousin...

I've called and gone in and had NO problems! They are a VERY busy store though, so maybe you just got them on a bad day....

I plan on ordering my dress this week from them, so dont rule out using them...