PDA

View Full Version : second chance for David's Bridal

azpoohbear
01-01-2004, 06:38 PM
Hi,
I just wanted to relate some good experience I had with David's Bridal. Each David's Bridal shop is different -- some are really good and some bad. After reading Bridal Bargains, I refused to go to David's Bridal, but two good friends went there and had only good things to say. So reluctantly, I went during their $99 gown sale. I was amazed at the customer service I received. The sales person was very friendly and helpful and wasn't upset that I was looking mainly at the $99 gowns. The $99 gown I bought was in terrific condition -- dress was clean including the hem! No loose threads, all the seams looked great, and the dress was covered in beautiful embrodiery. I've gone back with bridesmaids to look at dresses for them and each person I have encountered in this store was fantastic.
Prior to going to David's Bridal, I had visited 9 different bridal salons in two different cities and searched extensively online.
HOWEVER, I've also been to another David's Bridal in Tucson, AZ. This one, I do not recommend. They have no clue what they are doing and epitomize all the negative aspects mentioned in the book.
My point is don't rule out David's Bridal completely. You may be able to get good service and find a good deal (some bridesmaids dresses were under $40).

Niecy
01-05-2004, 03:06 AM
I had a very plesant experince there as well- I think you have to keep your options open- in the book they say Pearl Place is great but if you read this chat room- people give bad reviews- it is all individual--

MsToriC
01-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Thanks! This was just what I was looking for. I am buying a bridesmaid's dress from David's over the phone (I live in Hawaii, and we couldn't find the dress the bride wanted over here, so I had to call a California store).

The first person I spoke to, Jeannie from the Milpitas, CA store, was really nice and helpful and totally straightforward. I ended up ordering the dress from another store in Fresno because no one had it on the floor, and they said they could special order it for me in 6 weeks. Jeannie told me she couldn't guarantee it until the day before the wedding (10 weeks from order date). However, when I requested a written ETA from Fresno, she told me she couldn't find it in the computer and would have to call me later. This concerns me, and so I will follow up with Jeannie tomorrow to see if there is a good reason the girl in Fresno couldn't give me an ETA after she'd said it was a 6 week order. If it turns out to be a good experience, I will be sure to mention it here.