PDA

View Full Version : INDIANAPOLIS- Trying to find reputable dealers

kimbee
05-12-2004, 06:23 PM
I shopped at Posie Patch in Castleton, and my mother and I were not pleased with our experience there. For starters, I called the store a week before I went in to see if they carried a dress I wanted to try on (Diamond Bride 409). The person I spoke with said they did not carry it in their stock. (It turned out that they did have it in the store--I will comment more on this in a moment.)

The lady who was assigned to help us was very pushy. I am the kind of shopper who likes to look at everything before taking my time to undress and try-on. I don't like having to re-dress and then undress repeatedly in the same store. Well, after I had chosen only two dresses, the sales associate started to push me to try them on. It was very annoying, and by the time I had selected two more dresses, she was starting to act mad. Then I asked her about the the Diamond Bride dress I was looking for--they had it in their stick!!!!! I had already told her upon our arrival that I was looking for a dress with 3/4 length illusion sleeves (there aren't too many of those out there). However, the sales lady never mentioned this dress. When I told her that was the dress I REALLY wanted to try on, she just looked at my mother and me and told us that the dress was priced at over $2,000 because it was a "designer" dress. The way she said it was definitely implying that she felt we could not afford a dress like that. My mother was so upset that she was ready to walk out of the store at that very moment! I ended up trying on five dresses--I couldn't try on any more than that at once because "the dressing rooms were too small", even though I was the only person there trying on and there were plenty of other rooms in which extra dresses could have been hung. My mother wasn't allowed to take pictures of me in the dresses because "the were copyrighted by the designers", even though I had tried on the exact same Diamond Bride dress at another retailer and was able to take as many pictures as I wanted. Overall, it was a generally negative experience. I would not recommend shopping there.

jonesbride
05-21-2004, 12:50 PM
I had a very positive experience at Nancy's Bridal. The woman helping me was very friendly and allowed me to try on as many dresses as I wanted. I didn't realize how early they close on Saturday (4:00) so I didn't get to the store until about 3:30. No one rushed me out of the store. Some customers came in after I did and remained there even after the store officially closed! They did not have the dress I wanted to try on, but I would recommend Nancy's Bridal in Indianapolis, IN to anyone! After my terrible experiences at Bridal Superstore by Posie Patch in Indianapolis and Mrs. J's Formal in Marion, IN I didn't want to go into another bridal store but I'm glad I went to Nancy's!

KYDERBYDVA
10-12-2004, 06:50 PM
Is there anyone who recommend any good gown shops/dealers in the
Indianapolis area?

cdivarose
03-02-2007, 02:23 AM
My daughter used Unique Bridal in Greenwood on 135. She not only purchased her gown but the bridesmaid dresses are from there as well and are beautiful.

melissakd
03-15-2007, 02:10 PM
(Edited because I accidentally posted the same message twice)

melissakd
03-15-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure how big an area around Indy you want to cover, but I have had good shopping experiences at most places in Fort Wayne. Wendy's Bridal, Touma's, The Wedding Place and Some Wear On Main Street all let me take pictures (which is a gown-shopping technique I recommend to everyone) and weren't pushy or rude.

Pep-talked by the Bridal Bargains book, I didn't even bother looking at the priciest gowns. I purchased my dress off the sale rack from Touma's ($300; alterations are $150, which might seem like a lot, but you're getting the best) and had my 2nd fitting today. So far so good.

They offered to clean and press the gown for $75, but I bet I can do better. I'm too chicken to try laundering it myself before the wedding (afterward is a different story), but with no train, beading or lace it shouldn't be too bad a dry-cleaning bill.

Best of luck to all.
MelissaKD

mandy
07-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Several years later and I had the same negative experience at Posie Patch in Castleton...pushy saleslady that would not let us take pictures and tried to convince me I needed a dress 1-2 sizes larger so they could do the alterations. Although they had close to my dream dress, I didn't go back.

Nancy's is great although service depends on the day and salesperson. Bridal Boutique of Carmel carries several lines that other area stores do not and offered good service, although many dresses are higher end designers with higher-end pricetags. Dreams of Indy was very willing to order dresses from lines that she did not carry but had "access to"....I haven't taken advantage.