PDA

View Full Version : Stay Away from Bridaltown!! Collegeville, PA

harrisburgbride
04-15-2004, 05:00 AM
If you're in the NY/NJ/PA/DE area, you have probably heard of Bridaltown. They run commericals and especially a lot of print ads, claiming that "Bridaltown is worth the drive."

Trust me, save your gas money and STAY AWAY!!

For one, it is not nearly as large as they advertise. Their dresses are completely proprietary - you can't comparison shop because you will never have heard of these brands. The people who work there are clearly on commission, and they let you KNOW. All of the accessories are overpriced, as are the dresses. They run "specials" all of the time to rope you in there - discounting dresses that are already unbelievably overpriced to a more reasonable overpricing. If you aren't into negotiating, don't even bother. But, if you want to negotiate, know that there is PLENTY OF ROOM. Raise your eyebrows and watch your "consultant" sharpen her pencil, or "talk to the manager" to get an additional discount.

No one can arrive without an appointment - be wary if you do. You will wait and there's no chance of running around without being followed. The dressing room is dank and the staging areas are even darker. They claim they are "so well lit" but it's just not true. A few vanity bulbs doesn't cut it!

Alterations are done by two or three ladies in an upstairs location. They will push you to do only one fitting - the initial and then the one to pick up. I had to push to get two fittings and thankfully I did. The alterations are still not right on my dress, and the original ones they did were AWFUL. One side of my dress had a huge, obvious pucker where the alteration was just done poorly. Even now, much of the beading on the side of my dress is disturbed, the sleeves are too big, and the neck is too narrow.

This is the bridal shop that LOST MY DRESS!! Every bride's worst nightmare? It was mine as I sat, after driving TWO HOURS to the shop, only to find that my first fitting almost didn't happen because someone had misplaced my dress. It took 2 1/2 hours and a special visit from the manager before my dress was located. My "consultant" was with me the whole time, telling me I ought to just find a new dress, and blaming me for not bringing in my contract. My contract was a COPY, I assumed that they had the original! They never even called to confirm my appointment the first time. I bought my dress in August and they wanted me to come back in January. It would have been nice to have a reminder.

Granted, they credited my alterations cost (which were a flat, set fee of $159) but it still cost me $612 for a dress that I am not totally pleased with. The service was horrible, I was treated terribly on my second fitting, the dress was NOT NEW (when they lost it, they had put it out on the sales floor to be tried on by other brides!) and the alterations were terrible.

Please, whatever you do...stay away from the temptation of Bridal Town. I am on a mission to tell EVERYONE. RUN DON'T WALK!!!

branchernj
05-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Thank You so much for writing this message! I had made plans with some of my bridesmaides to go up there this summer but those plans are now CANCELLED! Gosh, you would think bridal shops would know how word flies! hehehe! I hope things work out with your dress and best of luck with your wedding!