PDA

View Full Version : Macy's Bridal Salon- Cherry Hill, NJ

branchernj
05-24-2004, 08:51 AM
AVOID THIS STORE AT ALL COSTS!!! I had a horrible experience at this salon this past weekend. After finding the dress of my dreams at this store a few weeks ago I had made a follow up appointment to take one of my bridesmaids with me to look at the dress. The sales rep who was helping me, along with the manager, kept telling me I didn't need a second opinion unless that person was actually buying the dress for me. They were very HIGH pressure sales but I looked past that because of the Macy's name. To make a long storey short, I had found the same dress online (at Pearls) for $300 less so I asked the sales rep at Macy's what kind of deal they would make me to keep my business and the business of my eight bridesmaids. After sometime they came back and quoted me a discounted price ($50 less then the trunk show they were having) plus a big discount on the veil. Although the price was higher then Pearls I decided to with the deal as they are local and Pearls is not. As the manager was writing up the "deal" I realized they quoted me a price for the dress in a regular size when in fact I needed a plus size (Pearls quoted me the correct size over the internet). So in the end they discounted the dress by $50 then added $60 due to the size when all along they knew what size I was. Then they were going to make me put 50% of the RETAIL price down on the dress to order it (by the way thi would have allowed me to pay CASH for the dress from PEARLS). When I questioned the manager on this issue she got very defensive and rude. Finally after a disortation by the manager on plus size dress pricing (which I already knew up front) I told her to forget the deal and began walking out. The manager followed me into the store, yelling at me, stating "you made a deal, you can't walk out on me". OH yes I can and let me tell you I kept on WALKING! This was the craziest experience I have ever had!
I know this is long winded but I wanted to make sure you all know 2 things.. 1) you can make a deal in a actual brick and mortor bridal shop and 2) STAY AWAY FROM MACY'S BRIDAL (especially in CHERRY HILL, NJ!!!).