PDA

View Full Version : Where to go, Not go in Ohio

edevine5
05-30-2004, 06:52 PM
Hello fellow Ohioans,
Just wanted to offer some tips to you all about my experiences. I bought my dress at Unusual Junction (Universe Brides) in Coshocton, Ohio. A little out of the way, but well worth the drive. They have 1400 styles of dresses ready to try on, and I didn't see one above $800. Well,they can also order about anything you want in terms of wedding party. Since they didn't have the exact dresses I wanted, we went to Columbus, Ohio to "reputable" bridal salon, "Wendy's Bridal Gallerie". Thanks SO much to Bridal Bargains!! All of the designers' names were blacked out on the tags, and the (less than courteous, how dare you ask me that) saleswoman only said, "we're not allowed to tell you the designer until you buy the dresses." I found beautiful dresses there and sneakily saw the designer name when looking at color swatches, I will be returning to Unusual Junction to order these dresses where they are honest and service-oriented.

cjenni
11-12-2004, 08:45 PM
We also went to Wendy's Bridal Gallerie in Columbus, Oh. I had the same experience. Plus as I was in Columbus for a doctor's appointment and heard about their store at the doctors,we decided to check them out. They were a bit on the rude side when we went in as we did not have an appointment (mind you we were the only customers in there at the time too) ....very snobbish. When my daughter was trying on dresses, they did not match the accessories up. Had her in an ivory dress and put a white veil on her. When I asked about veil color they replied that if she got the dress, there would be a veil to match. I told her that my imagination was good, but I didn't feel like using it and that I wanted to see matching accessories. That put them off. They also had her trying a size 20 dress (she only wears a 14 due to being extremely big busted and it needs taken up elsewhere) and trying to clip it to get it to fit. One can't tell a lot from that...it was too big a size difference to try to pin. They would not give us any info on the dresses or even what my daughter's measurements were when they measured her. Every thing was a big secret. I certainly will not be going back there. After all....I'm paying them for a service and for the money spent on wedding and bridesmaid dresses, they should be bending over backwards to be polite and helpful in order to get my business.

sashapasta
02-18-2008, 10:20 PM
I recently had an appointment at Wendy's in Columbus--Although I did make an appointment, no sales reps helped me out for at least 40 mins. My girlfriend and I had time to look through ALL of the wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses before the saleslady got around to helping us. Once the lady got around to us she was pretty good. Very honest about what looked good and what didn't-as hard as that might be sometime! I did notice that the tags were ripped out or blacked but the sales lady did tell me the brand of the dresses I liked (but not the style #).