PDA

View Full Version : Go with caution to Lily's in NJ

pbandjilly_99
07-08-2004, 03:48 PM
I'm not a bride, but I went with my dear friend to look at a dress she really liked. She had been before with her family and had a great experience with the mother and daughter team that worked (possibly owned) the salon. The mother and daughter were nice, even telling her the designer of the gown, (my friend can't remember, but who knows if they were telling the truth). We were encouraged to know that there was one good place out there!
Anyway, when we went, I asked a different consultant with short cropped hair who designed it (all tags were cut). She said she'd have to look at the tag. There was one hanging from the back of the dress and I asked if it was "this one". She said 'yeah' and walked out. When trying on veils, she was extremely upset that I told my friend which one I liked and didn't. I asked her if the bridesmaid's dress was designed by Jim Helm, since it said so and she ignored me.
Finally, I saw a dress hanging on the wall that I really liked for myself and called her over asking her who designed it. She said "we don't give out that information, it's from a local vendor and you have been asking far too many questions, be gone."
Steer clear!!!

Community Chest
07-08-2004, 11:20 PM
How horrid. Sounds like this is no place for anyone.