PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with "custom made gowns"?

Keats_J
09-12-2004, 04:01 AM
I would also like any info that anyone has about Trisha's Formals. Her website looks impressive, but I'd like to hear from anyone who has purchased a St. Pucchi "inspired" gown from her. Or anything else for that matter.

Community Chest
10-04-2004, 10:06 PM
I went to a very local dressmaker to have a replica made of a dress I wanted. They did a very good job.

viclbro
10-12-2004, 06:47 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with having a gown custom made by either Bargain Bride, Bridal Online Store, or Trisha's Formals. I have found a Pronovias dress I like but want a different color of beading. I am considering having the dress made to my specifications, but am very nervous that it won't be an exact replica or a quality dress.
Any information you could give me on quality of dress and fabric, closeness to designer style, and customer service would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, VB

unspottedcheetah
10-27-2004, 09:40 PM
Regarding Trisha's Brida...I just read a message by an angry customer on 101bridalgowns.com. Patty (owner of Trisha's) repies to the customer. Judge for yourself...

http://www.101bridalgowns.com/forums101/show_message.htm?mid=128612

viclbro
11-02-2004, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the update. Interesting information on 101bridalgowns.com. After communicating many times by email with Trisha's Formals, I decided having a "custom made gown" wasn't the right choice for me. Certain things just didn't seem right. So I bit the bullet. I ended up ordering the original Pronovias dress from Pearl's Place at about a $400 savings off retail. And an $800 savings off what I found the dress for at a local bridal shop. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my gown. Wish me luck.