PDA

View Full Version : Bridal Shops in the Dallas/Fort Worth area

andrea_m64
09-24-2004, 09:58 AM
I am starting the search for my gown and I am a have no information about shops in the area. I am the first of my friends to get married and we know nothing about shops around here. Does anyone have any recomendations or shops to avoid?

Thanks
Andrea

erikkaleyla
12-30-2004, 09:56 AM
Hi, Andrea! I live in Plano and am just now starting my search as well. Back in college, I was in a LOT of weddings and went on shopping trips with the brides many times. Though it has been several years, there is one piece of advice that sticks out in my mind. AVOID MOCKINGBIRD BRIDAL. They are guilty of virtually every bad practice outlined in the Bridal Bargains book. The service is poor, and they will make you feel anything but special. Brides are like cattle to them. Herd 'em, them slaughter them for the money. Not only have I seen the horror stories firsthand, but I ended up getting engaged to a man who spent several years in the tuxedo industry. He also relayed to me horror stories that he heard from brides and grooms who were dealing with Mockingbird. They are only popular because they have been around for years, carry a lot of lines, and manage to get their name on all the bridal magazine dress advertisements.