PDA

View Full Version : STAY AWAY FROM LASPOSA BRIDAL SHOP IN NEWTON, MA

bridge8021
03-21-2006, 05:10 PM
The store owner, Mrs. Drake, removed the dress labels from inside of most of the dresses displayed in her store, which is a federal offense under the Textile Fiber Products Identification Act of 1963. That law requires that ALL apparel, including bridal, be properly labeled. The tag must include the name of the maufacturer, as well as the fiber content and the country of origin. Both state and federal law prohibit the removal of these tags. The tags can be removed if they are substituted with the store's own tags that include the exact same information as the original labels. All that was left on the dresses were the care instructions, if even that. The care instructions did not include the store name, the manufacturer or the country of origin. When I asked Mrs. Drake who made the dress, she said she would only tell me if I made a purchase. She said she had every right to remove the tags and not provide me with information about the dress until I bought it. When I told her that was illegal for her to do, she swore at me until I left the store.
I checked with the Better Business Bureau and the store has an unsatisfactory rating with them. This leads me to believe I am not the first bride to discover this illegal activity.

JanineM
03-22-2006, 03:50 AM
Turn her in to the TV consumer reporters in Boston. Send them that law and the name of the shop. They will have a field day with her!