PDA

View Full Version : Size Advice - HELP!

edenrivers
08-11-2005, 08:16 AM
I've done the research online and I'm ready to try on dresses...the problem is that I'm taller than the average dress-maker model (6'3"), and I know the problems I have with fit in regular dresses. Are there ANY designers that carry tall gowns, or am I better off going to a seamstress?

gcortez
08-27-2005, 08:02 PM
According to the listing of designers in the "Bridal Bargains" book, almost all of the designers offer the option of requesting extra length, though you probably have to pay extra.

Good luck.

Affordable Dreams
09-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Email me off list. I represent a designer that offers custom gowns.
Most likely she can help you. My email is [email protected].
Please remind me where I know you from.

Look forward to hearing from you
Chrissy

longtallsally
10-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Try the designer Amy Michelson. I am 6'1" and I bought an Amy Michelson "Satin Doll" dress for my August 2003 wedding; it fit like a dream right off the rack. I wore 3-inch heels and the dress was the perfect length. The bodice was well-proportioned too. Amy Michelson gowns aren't cheap (mine retailed for $1400), but they are made of wonderful silk fabric and are very well-constructed (double-lined etc). My aunt is a seamstress and she said my gown was the most well-constructed garment she has ever seen. I didn't need any size alterations, my aunt merely sewed on a tiny hook-and-eye set to hitch up the sweep train so I could dance at the reception. I don't know if all Amy Michelson gowns run long or not, but they are gorgeous and worth looking at. HTH!