PDA

View Full Version : Markups above suggested retail

Ataraxic
02-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Hi,

Yes! I went there as well, and was interested in a Pronovias gown... Their price seemed exhorbitant, so I did a little research and found out the suggested retail price was $200 less than theirs. A discounter told me the wholesale price of that dress, and it was like $1000 less than their retail! (hey, everyones got to make a little profit, but sheesh!) They offered to sell me the floor sample for a 20% discount, but after their alteration prices it would have been full retail anyway. I managed to find several online discounters who would order the dress for $600 less than Tres Fabu.

As a sidenote, though... they do have a ton of selection, and their sales women were very helpful. Mine had no problem telling me the designer, and then helping me find a dress that had all the elements I wanted.

I wonder how willing they would be to go down on price if asked? I had thought about trying to bring them down on price for their sample to see if I could get a better deal... Has anyone tried this there?

Ataraxic

rwbecca
03-21-2006, 05:09 PM
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has run into the same problem as me:
I just purchased a Raylia gown from Tres Fabu in Portland, OR. I came to find out a few days after I purchased the gown that the shop had charged almost $300 above the suggested retail price (I saw it on a website, and then called a different bridal shop to confirm the price.) I feel so stupid for falling prey to this, especially because I dumbly trusted that this shop would be honest! Does anyone have any tips as to how I could possibly recoup the difference? Any advice would be SO helpful!
Thank you!
Rebecca

StephieMichelle
03-22-2006, 04:40 PM
print out a copy of the other 2 price quotes and take it back to the salon...ask if you can get free (or discounted) alterations, or a discount off briedsmaid dresses or accessories...but...price the items elsewhere to make sure they aren't marked way above suggested retail too