PDA

View Full Version : Where do I shop??

Sunfish Bride
12-19-2005, 06:42 PM
I started out at The Wedding Shoppe in Saint Paul. They rip the manufacturer's tags out and while they're polite, it's disconcerting that they knowingly engage in illegal sales tactics. Plus, if they can give you such a great deal, why do they have to lie to you so you can't price shop?

I shopped around a bit more and fell in love with Rush's bridal (rushs.com). They sort the gowns by designer and have a very knowledgable staff. (Ask for Janine--she has a BA in Fashion Design and knows her stuff!) The woman I worked with was a dream--she caught on very quickly to my unique taste and brought me dresses that were TOTALLY ME! I am deciding among three of the dresses she showed me. They sell their dresses at exactly the manufacturer's price. You can find a better deal online, but if you like the comfort of a brick and mortor store, Rush's is fantastic. My grandmother even remembers shopping there for her dress in the 50's!

Ibedabride
01-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Hello there!
ONCE AGAIN to all the brides in the world! Oh by the way I am not in Minnesota but I read your message and see much concern :) I always recommend custom wear. There are hundred of custom bridal stores online that you can get your dress made with and it will be just as you ordered. I have had great experience but it took me months and months of research to find the right one. I found that ModernBridalShop.com and Yourbridalessentials.com are the best I have ran into. Yourbridalessentials.com actually gives you a quote for any dress you see and like and allow you to make major alterations to it! Once you choose the color, fabric, style, back, etc (they'll drive you nuts with details)they will make the dress, any dress, to your measurements. I ordered all my bridesmaids dresses, flowergirl dresses, and my wedding gown from them. I ordered a few other already made gowns from modernbridalshop.com because they were last minute and had no time for custom making them. My grandmother's and my mother's dress I got there. Beautiful. A bit costly though. They dont work much about a budget like the other company does. I just think they are doing a great thing and want the world to know!!!! I have pictures that I can send you if you would like :)

Sunfish Bride
02-08-2006, 07:20 AM
Ibedabride, it looks like you post "get your dress custom made" everywhere on this site. It's a little fishy.

purplehaze
03-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if people can recommend bridal places in Minnesota or anywhere near by.
I've only just moved into this city, and to be honest, other than reading the Bridal Bargains book, have no idea about places - am learning things slowly though but time is ticking fast.
I would so much appreciate your opinions.

Thanks for reading