PDA

View Full Version : Bridal Gown Salons in Chicagoland

kjunebride
10-28-2005, 11:04 AM
I have been to 7 bridal salons during my search for the perfect gown and I have a few to recommend.

I hope this helps anyone else looking to go shopping!
Basically, it boils down to the following but I included more details below.
Highly recommend:
Kasia's Bridal in Chicago
The Bride's Room in Wheeling

Potentially recommend:
Wedding Belles in Barrington
A L'Amour in Barrington

Stay away from:
Eva's Bridal in Oak Lawn
Bridesmart in Schaumburg
House of Brides in Schaumburg

A L'Amour in Barrington - This was the first place that I went to try on gowns. My experience was so-so but not excellent. I worked with Kristen and didn't find anything that wowed me there.

Bridesmart in Schaumburg - Horrible service...no help in trying on the dresses whatsoever and no help finding a dress either. No slip to help with try on. Dresses were disgusting!

The Bride's Room in Wheeling - I LOVED my experience at this store. I had 3 ladies from the store helping me out at different times during my visit. All of them were trying to find my perfect dress and were all super helpful. I went back there a second time too and then called and they remembered me. Great service. Great people. All sample gowns only but they also have bridesmaids dresses. I highly recommend visiting there once you get a good idea of what you like. They have a good handle on their inventory. All dresses in plastic covering.

Eva's Bridal in Oak Lawn - I went there on a recommendation from a friend who got her gown there. I had a HORRIBLE experience. The woman who "helped" me was no help whatsoever and really turned me off from the whole bridal gown shopping experience. On top of that I have received numerous phone calls from their associated businesses telling me that I have "won" contests. They won't leave me alone although I don't need their services.

Kasia's Bridal in Chicago - This store was like a diamond in the rough. I LOVED my experience there. Kathy (the owner) was extremely helpful and patient as I tried on numerous dresses at her store. The reason that I say it's a diamond in the rough is that from first glance it doesn't appear to be much and the dresses aren't super easy to see, but they are all in plastic covering. But she has a TON of dresses and she lists three prices on all of them 1) the off-the-rack price, 2) the MSRP and 3) the price that she will sell it for if you order it from her (good honest deals). I found a dress that I completely loved there and am still considering ordering. She has many of the largest brands and knows her dresses well and she'll give you honest information. My mom, sister, friend and I all felt confident in her trustworthiness.

Wedding Belles in Barrington - All sample dresses. I didn't have the best experience there...especially when the woman that I was working with tried to tell me that they could alter a size 18 dress down to a size 8. I know miracles can be done but there was no way that it would ever look good. I think it depends on the inventory when you go to look there. The service was so-so but I had heard so many rave reviews from friends that my expectations were much higher. I left disappointed.

House of Brides in Schaumburg - I didn't expect to have a great experience here and I didn't! I'm guessing that they all work on commission because one of the ladies who was helping me had to rush away to measure 9 bridesmaids while 4 other associates stood around chatting! I couldn't believe that they wouldn't assist one another. The woman assisting me didn't really seem to know the gowns and they were all dirty because they weren't in plastic coverings.

laurafletcher
02-25-2006, 10:38 PM
I know it's months after this post, but I'm looking for any more feedback people have on Kasia's Bridal, The Bride Room, and Wedding Belles. I have heard plenty of recommendations for The Bride's Room and Wedding Belles, but Kasia is new to me.

I'm on a slightly tight schedule with my dress, as my wedding is July 8 and I want to have time to alter the gown.

If the woman who posted above is still around, I'd love to know where she eventually got her gown!

--Laura