PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Demetrios

bridezilla6286
11-23-2005, 12:42 PM
I found a dress at Demetrios in Tampa, FL that I love. The problem is that a friend of mine is getting married in 3 weeks and has not received her dress which she ordered in January. I'm afraid to order my own dress from Demetrios in case I have the same problem. Every time she calls them, they give her some story about why her dress isn't here. Is this normal behavior for them or just a fluke?

Marie in Hampton Roads
01-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Uh oh... I am hoping to order a dress from Demetrios (in VA) as well. Please, someone who's had experience with Demetrios respond to this message! Is it a problem with one particular retail store or the manufacturers themselves?

bridezilla6286
01-30-2006, 05:36 AM
Hi,

I'm the person who wrote the original Demetrios post. I ended up going to another bridal salon and purchased a different dress from another designer. My friend did not get her wedding dress until 10 days before her wedding. They misplaced her veil, and it wasn't located until the day before. They did give her free alterations and 1/2 price on her headpiece. However, I did not feel the compensation made up for the stress she experienced. During the reception, her bustle fell out, and she ended up having to dance with her long train. I didn't want the hassle, so I took my business elsewhere.

Sunfish Bride
02-08-2006, 07:19 AM
A friend who recently got married had the same issues with her bustle, which was altered at a reputable shop in Iowa. I think that's a common problem and I would highly recommend having mom and a needle and thread at bay in case that happens. It's a simple alteration to make if you must make it last-minute and dancing with a dress draped over your arm sucks.