PDA

View Full Version : Plus gown issues in Dallas, TX

eburnough
02-19-2006, 04:59 PM
I wanted to sound off on the issues I had with buying a plus size gown. I am a size 18/20 and was mortified by the response of alot of the retailers in the area. I live in a suburb of Dallas and alot of the well known boutiques in Dallas really werent very responsive. Alot of them offered to order me what I wanted WITHOUT trying on a sample. David's Bridal was a NIGHTMARE. I was warned not to go and I should not have gone. They ignored me once a AVERAGE sized customers came in. So I told the manager how crappy the service was and sent an email to the regional (who never replied). I finally found a small ad in a local wedding book here in Dallas and found www.bridalco.com. They carry Mori Lee, Maggie Sottero, Alfred Angelo, etc etc. And the service was amazing! I never felt ODD for being larger than a size 12. They encouraged me to try on dresses I wouldnt have otherwise tried on. And they had the dress IN STOCK and mentioned to me if I wanted to order the dress I could. I inspected it to ensure it wasnt too tried on and I bought it.
They even offered layaway to buy my dress. It was really a great experience and $525 later I had my dream gown. And had I known of bridal bargins 6 months ago when I started planning for my July 06 wedding I surely would of gone about things differently than I have up to this point. I would consider this book to be the god send to the new bride to be!! I would of saved alot more than Im going to since I purchased this book a couple days ago! But I will save over $500 from their advice! I sell new construction homes for a living and anyone who mentions to me they are getting married Im going to refer them to the book.