PDA

View Full Version : Timeless Bridal Shop in NY

beachgoddess21
02-23-2006, 03:08 PM
I found the perfect dress on theknot.com. But you can only get it at the store (I think) in NYC. I called and the lady seemed all too earger for me to make an appointment to come in. However, after reading some posts on this store, I am not sure if I should. I am getting married June of 2007, so I have plenty of time. Any advise?

marianayou
10-05-2006, 01:47 PM
DON'T BUY FROM THEM!!!!! DON'T GO THERE!!
I WENT TO GET MY DRESS FROM THERE AND I LIKED ONE DRESS FROM THE WHOLE COLLECTION, I TRIED IT ON AND IT LOOKED GOOD, THEN THEY TOLD ME THAT WE CAN'T ORDER FOR YOU FOR A SALE PRICE, YOU CAN ONLY GET IT NOW IN CASH OR NOT FIND IT LATER. I GOT THE DRESS AND I WENT HOME TO FIND NO TAG IN THE DRESS!!!!! ALTHOUGH THE ONE I TRIED ON HAD THE TAG WITH THE DESIGNER NAME AND STYLE NAME AS WELL, BUT THE TAG WAS REMOVED AND NO EVEN TAG INSIDE THE DRESS. BESIDES THE BEADING WAS FALLING APART, BAD FINISHING AND BIG CUT IN THE BACK!!! I'M TRYING TO FILE A COMPLAIN AGAINST THEM. MY ADVICE TO YOU MY FRIEND, DON'T EVEN TRY TO GO THERE!!!
GOOD LUCK!

salsa12345
10-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Had a bad experience shopping there. Really pushy. They made me leave 20 bucks for a price quote. Said they would refund it. But the experience of going there was so bad.. they are REALLY PUSHY that I don't want to go there again to get the money back. The dress I tried on my really nice. But now I am glad I went with an entirely different choice. They say there dress is Italian silk or something like that. I was willing to pay more for realy silk... but Italian silk is NOT silk... it is polyester... if you go there ask them that question make them write down that it is 100% silk, not italian silk, but silk.. they won't. I got my dress online from HOB instead. Paid only 520. It is really good material... but obviously for 520 not silk. Also, most of Timeless Bridal dresses are HEAVY. I know they make you look like a fairy tale. The one I tried on made my waist look 2 inches.. BUT I am getting married in July and realized that I would be sweating up a storm. All the makeup will drip off. Instead I got a much lighter dress.... soo happy now. So personally, I didn't like timeless one bit. When I was there they made a bride pay extra because she was not ordering 9 months in advance... crazy and UNNECESSARY.... I got my new dress in 1 month.