PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! the shop won't get me my ship date

kajath
05-31-2006, 03:06 PM
My relative purchased a dress for me at a demetrios Bridal shop a month ago. I am a huge fan of bridal bargains but since they were buying it as a gift I didn't say anything. They told me to call in two weeks for a ship date, four weeks ago! Now they tell me I can't get my dress SHIP DATE until July because my wedding isn't until Feb!!! I called and said the photographer needed to shoot in January so I need to know that I'll have my dress by Jan 1rst they told us it would be done in 6 months now they won't even guarentee it will be in by Feb 1rst!! I know other brides have had problems with them. My relative paid a deposit on Credit card... do we have any recourse?? Is there anyway to get a straight answer???? Thanks

kajath
08-28-2006, 03:51 PM
If anyone out there has ideas please help me. A friend who is a wedding coordinator called and they PROMISED her the dress would be done by October I went in last week and they said it hasn't been ordered. Any IDEAS?????:o :o :o

krystal3888
09-26-2006, 07:27 PM
did you buy it with a credit card
Thanks
Krystal

krystal3888
09-27-2006, 08:41 PM
If I were you I would walk in get my money back and find some where else to get my dress they have had your money for a dress that dosn't exist for months that rediculous or call and get the owners name and find out the hours she works and walk in when she is there and tell her exactly what has happened to you
Thanks
krystal

kajath
09-29-2006, 10:01 PM
Yes. My relative did. It's not a small botique It Demetrios Bridal in San Diego. You Sign a contract. I am so tired from all the haggling They are the only "wedding" vendor I have used in this whole process and they're the biggest stress!

kwray
11-20-2006, 12:51 AM
I am thinking of purchasing a Demetrios gown so please let me know how this has worked out for you...

kajath
11-20-2006, 07:13 AM
Hello,
I finally got my dress it was not cheap at all and when we went to pick it up the inside seams were unfinished, the sales people rude. When we asked them to fix the seam and zipper I got the dress back with a sreak of dirt down the side, which they didn't clean of completely the dress was WRINKLED and they wanted 150 to press it our seamtress is only charging 25 and shes been in buisness for 20 years. I got a used garmet bag. But my dress is pretty. It took emailing the coorporate office and threatning to go to the BBB and get on every bridal board. They called me right away but it did not change the service at the store.
IF you do decide to go MEASURE Yourself! They really laid alot of pressure on me to purchase a ten I demnded to look at a size chart and asked for an 8 they gave me a hard time but when the 8 came in it fit great its even a little big. Get a ship date in writing before you purchase if they say a dress is Custom get them to write it down. Hope you have a better experiance.