PDA

View Full Version : Can't get a DRESS SHIP DATE!!!

kajath
08-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Hello I posted earlier, I have a gown from Demetrios that a relative purchased for me in April. They are refusing to give me a ship date when they bought it they told me they would have a date in 3-4 weeks. Now because my wedding is in Febuary they are saying they won't order the dress until later and won't give us a ship date? IS THIS LEGAL??? They are a huge company and I don't know what to do??

grrlgenius73
08-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Hi:

I do not know if what this store is doing is legal, but it certainly sounds fishy to me. In Bridal Bargains, there are two quotes from brides telling similar stories to yours...one who said that the shop forgot to place the order, and one who said that the shop guaranteed a 3 month delivery time and after 4 months, just kept stonewalling. Your shop saying that they're going to order it later because your wedding is later sort of contradicts all of the other shops that tell you to order EARLY EARLY EARLY, because it takes so long for delivery and alterations!

Did your relative pay for the dress with a credit card? If so, he/she can dispute the charge with the credit company, stating that he/she hasn't received the goods in the time promised. Also, check out the store with the Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org).

Your best bet to get these folks in action might be to contact a lawyer ASAP and go to the store, with the lawyer, and speak to the manager/owner. If you don't know a lawyer or can't afford one, you could try calling one of your local news stations to see if they have one of those consumer advocate reporters that would investigate for you. Lawyers and television cameras tend to get people's attention.

Good luck. Post again to let everyone know how the situation resolves.