PDA

View Full Version : How upsetting!

pupdog
03-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Someone that I plan on inviting to my wedding happens to own a bridal shop. I would love to give them my business, but...
There was even joking when I went in that none of the desses resembled my typical athletic attire & lifestyle. I didn't like anything I tried on...I'm not a fan of fancy clothes. Hate poofy, lacy, generally everything about wedding dresses. Everything they carry is very formal. I want something very simple, no train, possibly tea-length. They, however, went on & on about how HE wants a princess, HE wants me in something dressy. How insulting that they'd play hard-sell with a friend! I feel obligated to buy from them, but they apparently don't feel obligated to sell me what I'd like!

There was another shop I went to because they said on the phone they had some informals & tea-length. I was trying something on & my cell phone rang. A friend had been in an accident & needed me to come. I changed clothes quickly & told the sales lady what happened. She made some remark about how she deserved to be late for work since she should have thought of that (leaving enough time for a car accident) earlier! THEN she proceeded to try & get me to order the dress before I left! I just said I'd think about it, and as I'm running out the door, she's practically chasing me with an armload of dresses I should try 'real quick!' WOW! How fortunate she is that she's apparently never ever in her life had an emergency happen and just doesn't understand (either that or she's just really cold & heartless!)