PDA

View Full Version : in defense of David's - Pittsburgh PA

kareniw
05-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Ladies, I too have heard horror stories at Davids but just want to describe my wonderful experience at David's in Pittsburgh PA (McKnight Rd). I went on a weekday afternoon and my consultant was phenomenal - she understood what my style was, she didn't try to sell me the most expensive dress or otherwise pressure me in ANY way, and she was very good at reading my response to things. She was obviously good at her job, noting the colors we were discussing for BM dresses. And, she was a fun gal to boot!

To top that off, a month later when she called me about BM dresses, I explained that my wedding circumstances had changed and my dress was now entirely not appropriate. She agreed and understood I wanted an exchange, and then put me on hold less than 5 minutes before she said her manager was OK with the exchange as a one-time courtesy. Then just today I went back to the store to look for another dress. My consultant was not there but the one who helped me was just as nice and helpful and not at all judgmental about my wedding being in 3 weeks and all of us (me + BMs) needing to find the right dress off the rack. Praise the Lord, I found the right dress in about 20 minutes and it was cheaper than my original dress, so they gave me store credit which I used towards BM dresses (although I had to do the exchange and new purchases in the same transaction). The store's assistant manager gave me no hassle whatsoever about the exchange, and it took all of about 3 minutes.

In short, pleasant surprise would be an understatement for my experience at this branch, and I would highly, highly recommend this particular store to any of my girlfriends. Forgive me for sounding like an ad, but rest assured I have not been paid by David's (although I sure could use the money!).

-Karen