PDA

View Full Version : Online Bridal Shops: My Own Experience

Elly88
06-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Online bridal shops.. what a headache.. I wanted to share my own experience with you since this message board helped me so much in making my own decision. Thanks to everyone for your reviews!

I saw some posts regarding the Better Business Bureau and how some stores were or we not in good standing with them..It was good to know. However, after seing the BBB and reviews on this site, my final decision making was customer service over the phone. I want to let you know how that went:

The Dessy Dress I wanted was sold for $230 at my local retailer.

- House of Brides: $154
Did not even bother calling them after all the bad review I saw online.. but kept their competitive price in mind

- Perfect Bridal: $154 + $20 shipping
Called twice, very good customer service, no wait

- Best Bridal Prices: $186.12 + Shipping??
I called and was on hold for almost 4 minutes. Hung up and never called back. My thinking: If they cannot direct me to the right place or take my order, how will their customer service be later? I do not care to find out..

- RK Bridal: $168 + $14 Shipping
Website says they will beat any price by %5. For that you need to fax you order along with a printout of the price you want them to beat and they will match that price and beat it by %5
The Lady I spoke to informed me they did not sell my dress in the color I wanted, that the material of the dress didnt come in that color at all.. So I called another local retailer to make sure since I was told they did have it in my color.. I was right. I called back RK Bridal and asked them about it. I explained the website showed that color was available and that I had called another retailers and that material came in that specific color.. the lady was rude about it.. I never called back.. (I was ready to buy at that place by the way)

- Netbride:
This store does not have a directory.. I called and I was directly in their voicemail system so I left a message. Again, how is customer service if you need to talk to someone..

- Payless bridal:
Phone number given on the website is wrong. it was a guy, he hung up but it sounded like a personal number. I called back to make sure.. sounded like a cell phone voicemail

- Special Occasion Bridal House: $209 + $15 shipping
ok! At that price, might as well get it at my local retail store!!!

- The Curvy Bride: $159.50 Free shipping
Voicemail only, left msg

In the end: The place I ordered my dress at was perfectbridal.com. I talked to Sheryl and placed my order with her. She was very knowledgeable and made sure I was ordering the right dress. She even read me the dress description. Once I ordered, she sent me an email of the order and asked me to check all the info, sign it and fax it. Once you fax it back, they charge your card and process your order.

liaholtz
10-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Did you check www.thejohnsonestate.com

They are amazing, super sweet and have great prices!

I used them for all my stuff and they had by far the best prices!