PDA

View Full Version : Dress too short

kristenzeebee
08-09-2007, 12:41 PM
I need some advice. I'm a 5 foot nothing bride, and ordered my dress from Jasmine using a "hem-to-hollow" length, since the construction of the dress was not amenable to being hemmed. I was measured wearing 2 inch heels. The dress arrived over two inches too short! The owner of the bridal salon measured me, we re-measured using the heels, and compared the measurement to what was submitted to and confirmed by Jasmine, and verified there was no mistake on the part of the salon. The dress was simply not measured correctly. The owner called Jasmine, who told her they could have a new dress to me that would arrive 2 days before the wedding, which isn't enough time to do the additional alterations. Further, they said they couldn't give a refund unless the dress were sent back so they could confirm the length for themselves. They offered me $80 off of an $800 dress.

Now, the dress will work, but I can't wear the shoes I had picked out, and it still looks short to me even with flats. I'm furious at Jasmine, but I really don't want to ruin my relationship with the salon. Do I deserve more money off? Who do I push for that? How can I document the experience? Any other advice?

Thanks,
Kristen