PDA

View Full Version : DBS vs Pearl's Place

caust
02-05-2001, 02:40 PM
I am attempting to get an Eden Informals dress and have contacted DBS and Pearl's Place. Pearl's Place is quoting a dress for about $50 less than DBS, disregarding S&H and possible rush charges. I require the dress to be delivered in about 2 months. The DBS representative contacted Eden and said 1 of the 3 dresses I like could most likely be delivered in 2 mos. but could be any one of the 3. Pearl's Place refused to contact the manufacturer unless I place an order. I'm not sure which sounds more bogus. I would like some input on this matter.

caust
02-06-2001, 07:04 PM
Well, my fears have so far been unjustified with Pearl's Place. I placed an order for the Eden dress with Pearl's, which I knew to be very difficult to receive on time. Elaine discovered the dress would be impossible to get on time when she attempted to place the order with Eden and contacted me to say as much. So, I guess that's the normal flow of business with Pearl's.

Now, I'll be trying for a Jessica McClintock dress, which is supposedly much easier to get on short notice. <crossing fingers>

Sara
06-14-2001, 04:58 PM
I purchased both my wedding gown and my bridesmaid dresses through a DBS representative and had wonderful sevice! My gowns came earlier than estimated and in perfect condition. I ordered through a rep. in Montana so as not to pay sales tax. Youc an contact Karen Lockwood @ [email protected] She is wonderful - you can tell her I sent you!