PDA

View Full Version : American Bridal Discounters

chiclechicle
02-28-2001, 03:25 PM
So many online bridal discount stores...which is the best!? American Bridal Discounters quoted me $400 off the retail price and $150 lower than Pearl's. Does anyone have experience with this store? Also...what is the internet address for the shop "DBS" that everyone keeps raving about? Thanks for your help!!

alandenisefields
02-28-2001, 03:36 PM
Hi there. Just an FYI: we rate and review all the major bridal discounteres in our book, BRIDAL BARGAINS. We also have contact info for DBS and others, of course. You can read about it at:
www.BridalBargainsBook.com

best wishes,
alan & denise
authors, BRIDAL BARGAINS

MEILIN
03-02-2001, 01:09 PM
Hard to believe that they sold for less than Pearl's Place. I would email Pearl's again.

Best of luck

MeiLin

tangog
03-17-2001, 09:47 PM
America's Bridal Discounters. What a nightmare! I just got off the phone with them 10 minutes ago... actually the toolbox of a representative just hung up on me 10 minutes ago.

As skeptical as I was about ordering with them, I went ahead to make an order with them. Following their instructions, I faxed in my order then, waited for their confirmation. Their policy is to contact you within 48 hours with a confirmation number and delivery date. And so I waited. When 48 hours was just about up, I called. The had made no attempt to call, email, fax..

When I called, their representative was annoyed that I did not have a confirmation order number to look up my information. This put me in even a better mood. Then she put me on hold and asked was it entered under the name... Andrea? the I was on hold again.

"What the $@#$@?", I thought. "No, its under my name."

After a bit of searching, I asked her for the information I was suppose to get. She did NOT give me a shipping date or a confirmation number. What she did give me was attitude.
I told her to cancel my order. The company had not followed any of their policy so far and I saw that as a clear indication of what was to follow. The representative HUNG UP on me so I had no idea what they were up to next.

I called my credit card company to let them know of this incidence and to bounce their charges. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! CANNOT BE TRUSTED. THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER DISCOUNTED PLACES TO TAKE YOUR BUSINESS!!!

Affordable Dreams
07-07-2001, 09:34 AM
Hi,
Did you ever order your dress? Let me know. Would like to do a price comparison.
I'm a DBS dealer that joined the list after you posted. Maybe I can assist you in other areas if you have already ordered your dress.
Best wishes,
Chrissy
Affordable Dreams By Christine
a DBS rep.
Ask why I am a bride's best friend.
www.afforddreams.cceasy.com secure invitation site 24/7

sstlouis
09-19-2001, 06:43 PM
I just researched this store through the Better Business Bureau's Web site. They were considered "unsatisfactory" because of an unresolved claim. I was planning to use them as well, but not now!

DBSrep
05-17-2002, 09:53 PM
DBS's website is www.discountbridalservice.com. DBS is a real store, the only difference is that they have dealers all over the country to service brides locally (as well as through the internet). I'm based in Chicago but I am in St. Louis often - let me know if you'd like a quote or maybe we can meet the next time I'm in town! Good luck and happy wedding planning!

Cheers,
Oanh
[email protected]