PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Expressions-Rants? Raves? and RK

mariposa
04-04-2001, 10:50 AM
I'd love to hear anyone's experiences with Wedding Expressions. They have given me the best price on my gown and bm dress, including shipping and a garment bag for my gown. Prices I've obtained from DBS, Pearl's, Wedding Expressions and others have been similar, give or take $20-$35.

Also, I live in NY metro area and have been to RK personally. For the most part, I like the shop; however, their in-store price for my gown is much higher than quotes I've rec'd from Internet sites. Does anyone know if they will match/beat quotes from online sources? Do I have to order from their web site, or can I haggle about price in person/on the phone?

I know I've asked a lot here! But any insight would be much appreciated, as I need to order my gown soon.

Thanx!

laura31
04-05-2001, 12:46 PM
Have you tried RK's boutique on 82nd and Broadway (in Manhattan)? They only sell what they have in the store (no ordering different sizes or anything), but the ladies are quite nice, and sometimes you can find a good bargain. They sell overstocks and "one of a kind"s (ie. the last one from the downtown store) for very reasonable prices. Plus, you walk out with your dress (no anxious waiting for delivery) and they are VERY open to haggling. Just try not to go on the weekend - it's a small store and gets very croweded.

I would also definitely ask the downtown RK if they can match their web site quote - just be discreet. If they won't, I've heard very positive things about their internet service. Just figure out what you want in the store and then order it on the web. Good luck and congratulations!

lisarab
04-07-2001, 11:22 AM
I love RK also, and my friends. My gown came, however, from Pearl's Place and their service was an A+ in my book. I ordered from them as they were a little more knowledgable than RK and the price was better. You just have to persist with any source. Wedding Expressions did not have the gown that I wanted. Pearl's is amazingly quick to respond to all questions.

Good luck also and congratulations are in order!