PDA

View Full Version : Higher end dresses on line

maflak
07-26-2001, 01:22 PM
I'm looking for a discount retailer who carries higher end designers such as Reem Acra, Amsale, and Richard Glasgow. I've tried a few of the web sites and have been told they don't carry those lines. Has anyone found someone who carries these designers? The dress I've fallen in love with is $8500 and needless to say, completely out of my budget.

alandenisefields
07-26-2001, 05:47 PM
Bad news: VERY FEW discounters carry those lines (in fact, it may be zero) as you discovered. Designers like Reem Acra restrict their distribution to prevent discounting. The best bet: have a seamstress knock off the design by custom designing you a gown. Or get a knock-off dress---most of the low-end designers copy the higher-end stuff.

Wish we had a better answer,
Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BRIDAL BARGAINS * BRIDALGOWN.COM * CYBERBRIDE *

jessjbarn
08-13-2001, 12:49 PM
You could take a look at bridepower.com, which is the internet store for Vows Bridal Outlet in Mass. I know they carry discounted samples and overstocks of Reem Acra and some other top designers. I've heard good stories from people who have bought from them.

lisarab
08-29-2001, 02:44 PM
Pearls Place does carry some high end designers. I know that in many cases you can call other sites and they claim to have those manufacturers, but as in the case of DBS they are not actually authorized outlets. So you need to be very aware when ordering anywhere. I was able to find my designer gown at Pearls. All went very well.

Agnieszka
01-02-2002, 08:33 PM
Actually, I have been trying to find a discount retailer as well. I fell in love with a Reem Acra and besides the fact that I can't seem to locate a picture anywhere, I have been told that few discounters deal with high end designers. That being said, I was directed to Bride Pal.com. They are supposedly backed by DBS. I don't know if they are reputable or not and am debating as to whether or not I will use them.

assatal
01-27-2002, 11:46 PM
I found the best & largest amount of Reem Acra gowns at www.thebrideroom.com. They put models in the gowns and take their own pictures, so they are not the artsy pictures that Reem Acra uses to advertise where you can barely see what the dress looks like! :-)